It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

LisaC308 HB User
2010 Flu Vaccination

I have not received the flu shot since 2003. Thursday I got the flu shot (the turbo one as I call it that includes H1N1 etc) Anyway, 2 days later I have lots of achyness, malaise, and a sore throat...and of course the injection site is sore. Could this be from the flu shot?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
(female)

bekka980 HB User
Re: 2010 Flu Vaccination

In Canada (I'm not sure about the US), the flu vaccine this year is a 'dead vaccine', that means it does not contain any live strains within, so it cannot lead to you coming down with the flu. I would imagine it is the same in the US, which means that whatever it is what lingering in your system before you received the shot, and is just surfacing now.

The pain at the injection site is normal after receiving any type of vaccination.

Hope this helps, and hope you're feeling 100% again soon!

The following user gives a hug of support to bekka980:
NCGuy (04-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It is a killed virus in the vaccine so it cannot cause the flu or any other illness. You already had come in contact with some bacteria or live virus that caused those symptoms. Soreness at any injection site is normal. I've done the 5 year allergy injections 3 times in my life and can tell you all about soreness from injections!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Hi Lisa - My son is 8 yrs old and has been getting the flu vaccine since he was 6 months old - he reacts EVERY time! For the first 4 years he would get a fever of 102 hours after receiving the injection as well as achiness (didn't know about the achiness until he was old enough to tell me) he would also get very tired. He still reacts today though it's milder - lower temp, achy, tired.

I got my first flu vaccine last year and had the same reaction. My doc says it is def. from the shot and there is even a name for it which is of course escaping me right now!
So, I do think it's from the vaccine.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
(female)

cutiepye HB User
Wink Re: 2010 Flu Vaccination

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC308 View Post
I have not received the flu shot since 2003. Thursday I got the flu shot (the turbo one as I call it that includes H1N1 etc) Anyway, 2 days later I have lots of achyness, malaise, and a sore throat...and of course the injection site is sore. Could this be from the flu shot?
it might but i just got the shot i was fine felt a little funny but ok my kids got it they were fine too

Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

I have heard of many people developing symptoms after receiving the shot so I think it definitely is possible. Further, their are many strains of the flu but I've been told that the vaccine only covers one of them. If this is the case, you're still susceptible to one of the other myriad strains. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the flu then possible problems with my immune system from the vaccine.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
(female)

ArtemisiaBris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC308 View Post
There is a range of possible side-effects from flu shots - here are a few resources from which you can start your own research:
It's best to empower yourself with as much information as possible and always seek a second opinion.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-04-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread