It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
(male)

sillyfrank31 HB User
Question about MMR vaccine

Heres my situation, I recently was approved to volunteer at my local hospital...and they tested me for the MMR vaccine... and the nurse called up saying it was negative.

at age 5 I was immunized for mmr, I have records to prove it, ALSO last job i had, 1 1/2 years ago tested me for mmr and no problems (it was positive)

today i called up my university where i graduated and spoke to the nurse that reviewed my immunization records and said its possible that I'm not immune, BUT wouldn't my mmr test from a 1 1/2 years ago also come back negative? and throw a red flag? thanks guys, I'm curious if MAYBE the test i just got for MMR was faulty?

PLEASE help, i dont mind getting the mmr vaccine again but thats gonna take another month until employment and i dont want to take unnecessary shots if it can be avoided.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User
Re: Question about MMR vaccine

Wow, that is really odd. The reason kids have to get 2 doses of the MMR vaccine is that 5-10% of people do not convert on the 1st dose. Older people just got one shot so a titer is checked to see if the vaccine "took". MMR is a live vaccine and either "takes" or not so your positive titer 2 years ago could not have changed to a negative.

Hmmm my bet is one of the titer results was an error.

You could ask for a repeat, or get a booster

Good luck

Pup

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread