It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

geegee81 HB User
Unhappy Recurring Rash

7 months ago I had to get several immunizations to be able to participate in clinicals for college. I received Twinrix and Boostrix both on one day then two days later I received Varivax. The day after the Varivax I began to break out into a rash that got progressively worse and looked similar to shingles. Went back to the health department and was told it was an allergic reaction to Varivax and that I should not get the second dose. My skin cleared up in 2 weeks or but this rash keeps coming back. Doctor's do not know what it is or what is causing it but assure me that it's not from the immunizations I received. I've been itching, burning, and stinging on and off for 7 months now and want some relieve! Steriods are the only thing that seem to work but doc said its too dangerous for me to stay on them. Has anyone ever heard or experienced anything similar to this??? Please help!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Recurring Rash

Have you seen a dermatologist at any point? That would be a good start.

Where on your body is this rash?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
(female)

geegee81 HB User

Yes I have but she wasn't much help. She just said it was an unclassified skin condition. The rash was a full body rash when I first had a reaction to the vaccine but it only appears on my face, neck, and chest when it shows back up.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It could be your skin is just more sensitive now, and you're reacting to some chemical you're exposed to a lot, like your soap or shampoo or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
geegee81 (01-15-2012)
Closed Thread