HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Vaccination & Immunization (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vaccination-immunization/)
-   -   Vaccine Court (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vaccination-immunization/899589-vaccine-court.html)

DanDeal 05-04-2012 11:05 AM

Vaccine Court

Does anyone have any experience with vaccine court claims? Our son who had a Guilian Bare Variant in 2003 and suffered from neuropathy as a result has been slowly but surely recovering. During a recent trip to the doctor for feeling fatigued, the doctor noticed he had not had a tetanus shot or his booster since 1999 so gave them to him. His neuoraphy pain started returning almost immediately and within five days he was hospitalized and back on the routine of pain killers, meds for the shooting pain, etc. He, his wife, his in-laws and us are missing work for his therapy, etc, as he is not able to drive between the pain and the meds. Medical costs in the tens of thousands though he does have insurance, $3,000 deductable, $40.00 copays an set up for at least 30 pt appointments. Worried his employer may just cut him loose. He has been there for five years, these are his first absences of more than a day or so. Any help or direction?

msnova74 05-04-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Vaccine Court

I can't help you with the vaccine part, but Get him on FMLA. It will at least protect his job for 12 weeks

DanDeal 05-04-2012 12:07 PM

Thank you for your help. He did do the FMLA so is covered. Appreciate your interest.

cotjockey 05-28-2012 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=DanDeal;4973711]Does anyone have any experience with vaccine court claims? Our son who had a Guilian Bare Variant in 2003 and suffered from neuropathy as a result has been slowly but surely recovering. During a recent trip to the doctor for feeling fatigued, the doctor noticed he had not had a tetanus shot or his booster since 1999 so gave them to him. His neuoraphy pain started returning almost immediately and within five days he was hospitalized and back on the routine of pain killers, meds for the shooting pain, etc. He, his wife, his in-laws and us are missing work for his therapy, etc, as he is not able to drive between the pain and the meds. Medical costs in the tens of thousands though he does have insurance, $3,000 deductable, $40.00 copays an set up for at least 30 pt appointments. Worried his employer may just cut him loose. He has been there for five years, these are his first absences of more than a day or so. Any help or direction?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he should've received the tetanus shot if his Dr. knew about him having suffered from GBS in 2003. Google Tdap VIS and read the required by law VIS statement your son should have received before getting this shot.
People who have had GBS generally do not receive this vaccine unless it's direly needed.
Also check out google for: vaccine court and also, VAERS.
Your son can self report to VAERS if his Dr. has not done so. (Majority of Dr.'s do not report.)

Hope this helps and God Bless your son and family.

BayouGirlJill 10-01-2012 10:53 PM

I suffered a reaction to my Hepatitis B vaccine 14 yrs ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis, neuropothies, and many other issues. I self reported at VAERS. Go to the National Vaccine information Center web site. NVIC.org The info there is invaluable! It has helped me so much. God Bless and I hope it helps! :-)