It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
(male)

jcd43 HB User
Whooping Cough

We have a new grandchild due at the end of the month. My DIL is insisting that all family members planning to have contact with the child must be be current with their Whooping Cough vaccine. I see information on the Web concerning the Tdap vaccine for adults 18-64 but nothing for us old folks. I am 69!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Whooping Cough

Incidents of Whooping Cough are on the rise. It is pretty standard practice to require family members who might be around a newborn to get the vaccination. They are in the most at-risk group if they are infected.

I'm more familiar with the younger population and immunizations, other than those I need. I'd say it would be good to call and talk to your doctor or a local clinic. If that isn't a good option, maybe your DIL's doctor could advise you on whether or not it would be a good choice for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
(male)

jcd43 HB User

This has been an interesting quest for information leaving me a bit disillusioned about health care. I brought this question to the forum because when I asked my provider, they did not know! I was advised just to go ahead and take it anyway. Not very reassuring!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

You might try asking a Pharmacist. I know mine gives great information out regarding immunizations. Also, it might be helpful to actually call your local health department.

I know how frustrating it is when you can't get answers on a medically related question. Even with the internet, there are still a lot of voids out there.

Good luck finding your answer.

Closed Thread