It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2001, 06:25 PM   #1

Mom2Haylee HB User
Question B-Complex for Anxiety problems...?

I was wondering if anyone has taken a B-Complex vitamin for anxiety. Did it work at all? I went to to GNC today and told them I was looking for something for anxiety and they recommended this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2001, 10:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb

B-Vitamins are good for many things-- they are the great nerve vitamins.Also help---the skin, hair, eyes, liver, muscle tone, GI tract and brain function. They are useful in helping anxiety and depression as well.

God Bless---Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 10-03-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
(female)

Jasmin HB User
Question

Harry,

I've been taking B-Complex capsuals 2 a day for a month and I've noticed that my skin started breaking out on my face. I discontinued the vitamins completely for a week and my skin has improved. Is this a common reaction? I did, however, notice that my hair feels and looks a lot healthier, but my energy is still low. The vitamins are made by TwinLab.

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2001, 07:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow

Jasmin,
Sorry you're having a problem with B vits!!!
I think people take too much B-Complex vitamins. This usually is because the manufactures make them in large doses and in some places that is all you can buy. The last time I bought some "B-Complex 100" it has 100mgs of B-1, B-2, Niaciamide(B-3), B-6, Pantothenic acid plus alot of others.
B-1 is 66.6 times more than what you need daily (6660 %), B-2 is 58.8 times(5880 %), Niacinamide 5times 500 %, B-6 is 50 times(5000 %) and pantothenic acid is 10 times (1000 %).

As you may know all of these are water soluble and the excess is suppose to be passed off in your urine. But, I just don't think everybody's system can handle that much overdose of anything on a daily basis without something happening.I know your urine turns very yellow.

I have read that if you are really deficent in B-1 or B-2 all you really need is 15 mgs daily but you can't buy that size. So, what I do is Buy a B-Complex 50mg tablets and cut them up in 3 pieces and take one about every other day.

I wish you well----Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 11-28-2001).]

Old 12-02-2001, 11:00 AM   #5

sweetwawa HB User
i've used b once.

i think it was b6 and complex.

i felt a bit overwhelmed by it.
i stopped it.

i also had a bad reaction on skin to vitamin E.
i had a mole on face from it.

Old 12-04-2001, 09:25 AM   #6

Babernethy HB User
B complex is commonly used to fight stress/anxiety as it increases the immune system and helps to give you energy. It is best taken in a dose of 50mg (only take the NATURAL source B) and it should be taken with 20mg NATURAL source Zinc. The 2 work well together. They should also be taken in the morning at breakfast...as they may tend to 'string out' some people who take them at night. Note that this is a dosage I am comfortable with...it may be too much/too little for another person. It it a good starting point though. Note for Jasmin...the Zinc would have controlled your facial reaction...I really am not sure what caused that!
B

Old 01-11-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
Inactive

Gaia HB User
Wink

Hello,

for anxiety try the following:

- A B-100 complex taken once a day
- 1,000 mg of Vitamin C
- 1,000 mg of calcium
- 1,000 mg of magnesium ( cut down to 500 mg if it gives you diahrrea
- Rhodiola Rosea, 100 to 200 mg a day or Siberian Ginseng.

Closed Thread