It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2002, 05:32 AM   #1
Inactive

GinuwinesHotGurl4Eva HB User
Post Ginseng for energy

Does taking ginseng pills daily really give you more energy? If so, what brands are good? I want more energy so I can exercise daily but I don't want to take anything with ephedra in it. What's the difference between ginseng, korean ginseng, and siberian ginseng?

Old 05-18-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Wink

hi, ive heard its good for energy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2002, 11:00 AM   #3
(female)

cookie monster HB User
Smile

Hi there,

This isn't exactly 100% what you might want but I do hope that it can help you in some way. Do the type of ginseng you buy have the ingredient list?

Yup, ginseng is good for you. You might want to try it in the powder form; mix it with hot water & take it plain (no sweeteners of any sorts).

The only problems as far as I can tell is that you do not take ginseng (in whatever form) at nights. It'll keep you awake. Also, I've suffered from "mini" nosebleeds when taking ginseng before.

Old 05-20-2002, 05:51 AM   #4

Markie Mark HB User
Smile

yes Gingsing is good for energy. But that may not be the right thing to take. I would first make sure you are taking a regiment of vitamins and minerals first. the "B" group is great for energy, as is "C". If you still want to try Gingsing, I know that Wisconsin grows some of the best in the world, very popular in Japan.

Old 05-20-2002, 08:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Hi:

Most of the studies suggest that ginseng doesn't really give you energy as much as it protects your body [esp. your liver] from some specific types of damage. It's also referred to as an immune-modulator or an immune-enhancer.

Here's a cut & paste from the NIH's center for complementary medicine [NCCAM];

"Ginseng—Tests on animals and on human tissues suggest that ginseng may help the body's disease-fighting and glandular systems. Tests in small animals also suggest that ginseng may help improve the way the liver works and reduce damage to liver tissue caused by hepatitis and similar conditions.15,16,17 However, a search of the current literature shows no studies in people that test ginseng's helpfulness for hepatitis. Only one study, conducted in Italy, shows that ginseng may be helpful for elderly people with liver conditions similar to hepatitis.18

"There are two true ginsengs—American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) and Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng), which includes Chinese, Japanese, and Korean ginseng. Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) is not a true ginseng.1,19 It is hard to get authentic ginseng products. Companies that market herbs for sale have poor quality control, so the quality of the different brands varies widely. A 1990 analysis of 54 available ginseng products revealed that 85 percent of them contained little or no ginseng at all!19 Ginseng most often is taken as a tea."

BTW, since the active ingredients in ginseng do not dissolve in water, this means that ginseng "tea" is a waste of money. Instead, you should take the ginseng with food that contains some fat.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 07-02-2002).]

Old 05-22-2002, 11:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, My mother-in-law takes ginsing capsules now. She used to make tea from ginsing roots. She still tired and worn out all the time. One of my friends told me that ginsing is for men and dun quoi is for women, and that you have to watch what time of the month you use dun quoi. One of my friends used ginsing, and he said it made him too jittery. I tried ginsing and didn't feel a thing. I guess it would hurt for you to try it.

------------------
Magpie

Old 05-28-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
(male)

drisnya HB User
i have controlled elevated blood pressure. i take panax (korean) ginseng, siberian ginseng and synephrine (bitter orange)...i feel increased energy when i take the combination. i have to stay clear of dong quai as that is ephedrine, i believe. bad for blood pressure.

I have no problems whatsoever with my blood pressure (controlled with 10 mgs of norvasc) while i'm taking the above combination. I drink alot of water which seems to energize as well. i think people don't take enough water. back to the ginseng.

my goal is to increase my metabolism. i find myself tapping my foot at work all the time but that is the only side effect. not uncomfortable. i don't take past 5pm....i have no complaints and i've lost weight because i have a bit more energy than previously.

Old 05-31-2002, 05:17 AM   #8
Veteran

buck58 HB User
Thumbs up

I've noticed the most energy with the siberian type, plus it's cheaper.

Kurt.

Old 07-02-2002, 04:05 AM   #9

sexyh HB User
I a bottle of s.ginseng the other day because ive heard that it can helps you on getting pregnant ive also read it on some sites. What do you think? I am trying to get pregnant as soon as i can. e-mail me back at [removed] and tell me what you think. thank you

------------------

[edited to remove email address - as per the Board Guidelines -
messages may not offer personal contact information.]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 07-02-2002).]

Closed Thread