It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
Question vitamins for cracked lips?

ok,
my skin is really oily on my face but my lips are really dry/cracked and my eyes are dry...i was wondering if there are any vitamins that help with dry/cracked lips and dry eyes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
Inactive

sarez72 HB User
Hi There

Cracked lips can often be a sign of nutritional deficiencies, however they can also be caused by wind, and other environmental factors - considering your eyes are also dry - do you live in an area that has a lot of dry windy weather?

In terms of deficiency, the most common cause of cracked lips would be a lack of the B Group vitamins (specifically Riboflavin - B2 I think) - so you may want to find a good source of the B Group Vitamins and see if that helps any.

Cheers
Sarah.

------------------
Don't believe everything you know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #3

Megan2 HB User
Cool

Hello. For your lips try Vitamin E. Poke a hole in a capsule & spread on lips. I'd suggest you check your lips once in a while, though, 'cause it does leave white residue as it dries. Washable! Or apply before bed. It'll look as if you've been drooling, but it's really not that bad. For the eyes, I'm not sure. Maybe close your eyes & blink while closed to get them moistened. Use drops -maybe something OTC (?) or check with an optometrist. Hope this helps. M

Old 06-19-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
My lips and the sides of my mouth used to be cracked and dry all the time. I know at that time in my life I was not eating a healthy diet. As I have gotten older I am more aware of nutrition and try to eat healthy. I have also read before that certain vitamin deficiency's can cause this problem. I did not know that until many years after my problem was gone but I know when I started taking better care of myself with a healthy diet of foods higher in vitamins and minerals in them was when my problem went away. I used to try every cream and lip ointment to try to make it go away. I would scrub the dry skin off but it just came back.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
Wink

Miche, It is most certainly a vitamin deficiency. I went to see my doctor about that same condition, and taking a B complex supplement will certainly help, and check your eating habits. Mine certainly needed to be reevaluated. Vitamin E rubbed on the area is also very helpful... to put on the lips at night. Best wishes!!! Cassie

Old 08-16-2003, 07:34 PM   #6
Inactive

Trishka HB User
Micheguns,
I agree with the B vitamin recommendations - as long as you take a balanced B supplement. As far as treating your chapped lips, topically, I would use hydrous lanolin, as long as you are not allergic to lanolin. It works wonders. Because it is derived from a sheep - an animal - and not petroleum, our bodies accept it as a natural oil. If you apply it nightly, you will see a difference. OK, it doesn't smell like lip gloss...but the benefits are worth it. Ask your pharmacist for it.
Take care

Old 08-21-2003, 12:05 PM   #7
(female)

IsabellaC22 HB User
Smile

I use to have really dry lips all the time, but I recently found this stuff called Cocoa Butter Formula made by Palmer's with Vitamin E. It's in a stick form and it does wonders!!! I got at Wal-Mart for like $2. Really give it a try..it's the best stuff. Also try drinking more water. Hope this helps!!

------------------
---God loves you with the most tremendous love. Whatever happens hold on to that truth

Closed Thread