It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2003, 07:39 AM   #1

art vandelay HB User
Carb Blocker?

Do carb blockers work? How many carbs do they actually block?

Old 11-12-2003, 10:45 AM   #2
(female)

froggietcu HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
Why would you want to block carbs? Carbs are a healthy and essential part of the diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2003, 02:41 PM   #3

art vandelay HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggietcu
Why would you want to block carbs? Carbs are a healthy and essential part of the diet.
They tend to put weight on me.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:39 PM   #4
(female)

froggietcu HB User
Quote:
They tend to put weight on me.
Carbs don't actually cause weight gain, just as fat doesn't cause weight gain. Eating too much and lack of exercise cause weight gain.

It is really dangerous to block carbs. It makes your kidneys and liver work harder.

Old 11-14-2003, 01:27 PM   #5

art vandelay HB User
I do workout. Sometimes i end up eating meals full of carbs and starch when i don't want to.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #6
(female)

froggietcu HB User
Quote:
I do workout. Sometimes i end up eating meals full of carbs and starch when i don't want to.
Please do not take offense to this, because I really mean only to help. Do you think that maybe you should work on the eating issue instead of taking a pill that is bad for you? I've had problems in the past, myself, with gorging on foods that were not good for me and later regretting it. With a plan and some help from a doctor, nutritionist or even a counselor, you can get on track to eating healthier, though. Find out the deeper issue causing you to eat so many carbs at once. You will feel much better about yourself.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
(female)

giddyup715 HB User
oh now....give Art vandelay a break. Art asked a question, and gets mommy lectures. Some people really do have a problem with carbohydrates, especially diabetics. If I eat too many carbs I feel like crap, blood sugar goes up and then drops drastically. Not to healthy for blood sugar. Then they have to replenish that carb drop with more carbs. Some people can live on all carbs, some have to stay away from them. Let each person be the ruler of their own body. I really have to watch my carbs, but sometimes I feel like "blowing it" on something high carb, and believe me, I have to "pay the piper" so to speak. I know what my body is capable of handling, but I think Art maybe wants to know if those carb blockers work for just some sort of emergency carb cravings especially with Christmas around the corner. Especially being a woman, ever experience those cravings before menstrual times PMS? Some women just "gotta have chocolate" and I don't see anyone saying shame on you.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:21 PM   #8
(female)

froggietcu HB User
giddyup715 - Good point and thank you for pointing it out.

Art - I apologize for lecturing and not being very understanding. Sometimes I get frustrated because people think they should not have any carbs, so sometimes I get carried away on my little soap box. I know you were not saying to not have any carbs, so I apologize. We all do get cravings and give-in to them from time-to-time.

Old 11-19-2003, 01:12 PM   #9

art vandelay HB User
Well, thank you, to both of you, and yes, I will use the carb blocker only b4 a meal with many carbs/starches in it a.k.a. an emergency. Now we've said a lot here, but my question still hasn't been answered ahahaah. Do carb blockers actually block carbs and if so, how many carbs or what percentage?

Old 11-24-2003, 01:03 AM   #10

TonyTone HB User
Re: Carb Blocker?

I have had good success on a LOW carb diet. Never completely eliminate carbs from your diet, even Atkins advised against it. Also, some people can eat more carbs then others. Anywho, as for carb pills, dunno.

Old 12-01-2003, 02:21 PM   #11

beebop_71 HB User

Quote:
Well, thank you, to both of you, and yes, I will use the carb blocker only b4 a meal with many carbs/starches in it a.k.a. an emergency. Now we've said a lot here, but my question still hasn't been answered ahahaah. Do carb blockers actually block carbs and if so, how many carbs or what percentage?
After doing a search, I only came up with one guy that had posted a review. (this was several months ago) He found that using carb blockers once in awhile worked, but when used contiuously, they didn't. I think he tested it by his blood sugar readings.

Old 12-02-2003, 12:13 AM   #12

TonyTone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebop_71
After doing a search, I only came up with one guy that had posted a review. (this was several months ago) He found that using carb blockers once in awhile worked, but when used contiuously, they didn't. I think he tested it by his blood sugar readings.

How could they work once in awhile, and not continuously? Also, maybe it was the one he used?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:47 AM   #13

beebop_71 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone
How could they work once in awhile, and not continuously? Also, maybe it was the one he used?
I don't know. Don't even remember what he used. Maybe do a search?

He just found that using it even 3 days in a row, he still went out of ketosis and blood suger rose.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:22 AM   #14

Spinr HB User

Carb Block by Doctors Carbrite can prevent up to 38g of carbs being absorbed per meal. You take it when you feel the need to cheat on your low carb diet, not all the time. I've used it and i like the CarbRite bars thay they have too.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:24 AM   #15

Spinr HB User

Quote:
Carb Block by Doctors Carbrite can prevent up to 38g of carbs being absorbed per meal. You take it when you feel the need to cheat on your low carb diet, not all the time. I've used it and i like the CarbRite bars that they have too.

Closed Thread