It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2003, 05:35 PM   #1
Inactive

DSanchi HB User
Question Vitamins to help correct hormonal imbalance

Can anyone here recommend what supplements/dietary changes might help even out my body's hormonal imbalance. I am coming off the birth control pill and have experienced severely bad withdrawal symptoms for the past almost 3 months without relief, ie, depression, panic attacks, mood swings, irrational thoughts/irritability, insomnia and hair loss. I also suspect the pill negatively affected my thyroid and was wondering if any supplements would help me. I have talked to my doc and she recommends thyroid testing, but in the meantime....

I feel awful and just want to be "me" again.
Thank you,
D.

Old 11-12-2003, 04:29 AM   #2
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Vitamin E and evening primrose oil. I have a friend who PMS's awfully. I told her to take these 2 supplements and after a few months she says that feels sooooo much better. But also keep in mind it will take a few months for your body to adjust.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #3

jenny1973 HB User
supplements for thyroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSanchi
Can anyone here recommend what supplements/dietary changes might help even out my body's hormonal imbalance. I am coming off the birth control pill and have experienced severely bad withdrawal symptoms for the past almost 3 months without relief, ie, depression, panic attacks, mood swings, irrational thoughts/irritability, insomnia and hair loss. I also suspect the pill negatively affected my thyroid and was wondering if any supplements would help me. I have talked to my doc and she recommends thyroid testing, but in the meantime....

I feel awful and just want to be "me" again.
Thank you,
D.
I can tell you my experience and hopefully it will help. I have been hyper/hypo for several years on and off. It has totally baffled my endocrinoligist. What it comes down to for me is that my thyroid problems are totally triggered by hormones. Fist incidence was 9 years ago after my first child. Was hyper until I got pregnant with my son 11 months later then went back to normal. After my son hyper again for a few months. Balanced back out. Then a couple years after my son my husband and I had an accident and was afraid I might get pregnant. I read on the internet the the morning after pill was just high dose of birth control pills. I proceeded to take the amount needed. About a month after my thyroid was so huge i could barely swallow. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with Hypo. Went on Levothroid and about 4 months later became hyper again. They took me off meds and I balanced out. Then a few years down the road I get preg with my 3rd child. At 6 weeks I new something was wrong..rapid h/r..nightsweats ect. Was diagnosed as hyper. They decided to send me to a endo and 6 weeks later I was hypo. Totally weird, but about 16 weeks into my pg I got back to normal. I did so much research and took selenium (only 100mg a day). I am not sure if that will help regulate your hormones, but some supplements that will are black cohosh, dong quai, and chaste berry. You take them all together and they are suppose to do the trick. I have met many people with thyroid problems having a hard time getting pregnant and they swear by this stuff. Might be worth a try. For me I just had to wait out the hormonal imbalance which took a few months post pregnancy. Anyway might be worth a try. Good Luck!
Jenny

Closed Thread