It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2003, 05:06 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10
willow8 HB User
Question Dhea

Is anyone here using it and what do you think? Im 40 and using 25 mg.I think its working pretty good but im concerned about side effects?

Last edited by willow8; 11-14-2003 at 05:07 AM.

 
Old 11-14-2003, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 142
Hardrock HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow8
Is anyone here using it and what do you think? Im 40 and using 25 mg.I think its working pretty good but im concerned about side effects?
That is a good dose, for a man from what I've read about dhea, not had any side effects from dhea, what brand are you using?

Last edited by Hardrock; 11-16-2003 at 09:10 PM.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
Posts: 30
apatim HB User
I'm 47 and just started using it one week ago - 50mg - I have not had any side effects but haven't noticed ANYTHING at all. Have read that most men have more energy and increased 'desire' but this hasn't been the case for me. I have been working out regularly and eating 'clean and balanced' for the last 3 months though which has given much more energy.... was hoping the DHEA would up the desire. I don't have any trouble becoming erect when stimulated or having orgasms but would like to experience the old horniness feelings again.

 
Old 11-14-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10
willow8 HB User
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatim
I'm 47 and just started using it one week ago - 50mg - I have not had any side effects but haven't noticed ANYTHING at all. Have read that most men have more energy and increased 'desire' but this hasn't been the case for me. I have been working out regularly and eating 'clean and balanced' for the last 3 months though which has given much more energy.... was hoping the DHEA would up the desire. I don't have any trouble becoming erect when stimulated or having orgasms but would like to experience the old horniness feelings again.
[FONT=Arial Black]
WEll i cant help you much with this..lol I a woman. and i have none of the problems you are describing..LOL Im using natrol brand.Im taking it to hopefully get back to my old self.It works well for me But i worry abotu the side effects. I dont want to have my voice deepen or lose my hair. I was hoping to get input on that..
Thanks for replying!

 
Old 11-16-2003, 01:15 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 59
thewind HB User
I'm sorry, why would you want to take DHEA? I would think that for a man it would contribute towards prostate enlargement (which actually might cause even further decrease in sexual desire and "ability") and for both sexes it can contribute to hair loss and excessive body hair in women, I believe. Although, I don't know a lot about it, so maybe there are good reasons some people need it. Do you have some kind of hormone imbalance?

 
Old 11-16-2003, 04:21 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
Posts: 30
apatim HB User
"Why would I want to take DHEA?" you ask...

The following is from [removed]

[text removed]

Last edited by moderator2; 11-16-2003 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites or copy from them. Please read and follow the board posting guidelines. Thank you.

 
Old 11-16-2003, 04:13 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10
willow8 HB User
I use Dhea becuase as i get older the lithium im on works okay but i have a lack of energy and some panic attacks.Im taking it to see if it will help me feel better...

 
Old 11-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 59
thewind HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow8
I use Dhea becuase as i get older the lithium im on works okay but i have a lack of energy and some panic attacks.Im taking it to see if it will help me feel better...
I used to be on lithium, I really hated it. Is Dhea closely related to moods and/or energy level? Sorry to bother, it's just the first time I've heard about it in relation to this kind of thing. thanks.

 
Old 11-17-2003, 05:11 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10
willow8 HB User
It is supposed to be helpful for that yes . The doses you take that effect hair ect im told are much higher than i am taking.Read around.there is some good info out there about Dhea.I think it helps me. I was just wanting to meet others that have used it.

 
Old 11-26-2003, 07:02 AM   #10
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 173
sweetpoison68 HB User
Re: Dhea

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow8
It is supposed to be helpful for that yes . The doses you take that effect hair ect im told are much higher than i am taking.Read around.there is some good info out there about Dhea.I think it helps me. I was just wanting to meet others that have used it.
If you have cystis acne like myself this could be the WORST THING EVER for anyone to take !!!!!! It will add more oils to your skin and WHALAH your cysts will grow even bigger..Please do more research on this BEFORE you take this...

 
Old 01-01-2004, 09:10 PM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4
anon83 HB User
Re: Dhea

I occasionally take DHEA (read: 50mg less than daily) for lucid dreaming. If you don't know what lucid dreaming is, search the board for this phrase and you'll understand why it's so addictive..

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
dhea side-effects chiclero Men's Health 7 12-23-2008 04:55 PM
DHEA Supplementation jkhh Men's Health 14 01-23-2008 10:19 AM
Dhea pohaku Aging Issues 4 04-11-2006 11:56 PM
Is dhea appropriate for me? also2tired Thyroid Disorders 4 03-29-2006 01:53 PM
Dhea? couldbeworsaspose Aging Issues 3 12-31-2005 10:41 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



jenj770 (15), MyCat55 (5), jonnstar (3), captjane (3), mycatsmom (2), Fieryimp (2), tess201 (2), itburns2004 (2), MISSYJOY (2), janewhite1 (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1006), Apollo123 (906), Titchou (852), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!