It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2003, 10:23 PM   #1

siren3 HB User
Are there any "gentle" calcium supplements?

Calcium pills seem to upset my mom's stomach, and for me I think it has caused constipation. I know that calcium needs to be balanced with magnesium and maybe Vit. D, but I don't know what is a good absorbable kind of calcium supplement. I do drink lot's of water, so that isn't a problem. And I don't know why they all seem to upset my mom's stomach. Any suggestions? By the way, I can't drink milk myself, and eventhough my mom can drink milk, she rarely does, so since she is in her late forties I know that she really needs the extra calcium. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-05-2003, 02:39 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Are there any "gentle" calcium supplements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren3
Calcium pills seem to upset my mom's stomach, and for me I think it has caused constipation. I know that calcium needs to be balanced with magnesium and maybe Vit. D, but I don't know what is a good absorbable kind of calcium supplement. I do drink lot's of water, so that isn't a problem. And I don't know why they all seem to upset my mom's stomach. Any suggestions? By the way, I can't drink milk myself, and eventhough my mom can drink milk, she rarely does, so since she is in her late forties I know that she really needs the extra calcium. Thanks for any help.
Innovative Natural's liquid Calcium also contains magnesium and vitamin D. It is highly absorbable and has no taste. Sold at HFS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 02:21 PM   #3
Inactive

ezmoneymuchfun HB User

My wife has a very sensative stomach and we have found that citrate works the best for her.

Old 12-06-2003, 11:33 PM   #4

siren3 HB User

THanks for the replies.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #5

nsa18 HB User

Its best to get calcium from whole foods. Kale is the most absorbable source of calcium and yes its more absorbed than milk. It is very low in oxalates, too.

Closed Thread