It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2003, 12:15 AM   #1

tjolicoeur HB User
Bitter Melon

A few weeks ago I recieved a package from an online drugstore with my order. The product was called "Bitter Melon". I did a little research an found that this was a supliment herb, widely used in Asia as a side dish, that worked with your bodies natural insulin to decrease your BG levels. I tried this with very good sucess. Has anyone else tried "Bitter Melon" and what was your sucess? Are there any issues with this product? Thanks and God Bless

Old 12-17-2003, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Bitter Melon

I got some in the mail, too. My DOG is diabetic and on insulin. His vet actually has him on Diabogen, which contains bovine pancrease, bitter melon & chromium. It seems to help him -- only way I can tell is he doesn't have as many accidents as he used to have.

However, I'd check with your doctor because some supplements -- such as glucosamine & chondroiten, which people take for arthritis, can actually raise your blood sugar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Inactive

happydieter HB User
Re: Bitter Melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk
I got some in the mail, too. My DOG is diabetic and on insulin. His vet actually has him on Diabogen, which contains bovine pancrease, bitter melon & chromium. It seems to help him -- only way I can tell is he doesn't have as many accidents as he used to have.

However, I'd check with your doctor because some supplements -- such as glucosamine & chondroiten, which people take for arthritis, can actually raise your blood sugar.
bitter mellon and 7 keto are both very good.

Closed Thread