It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 10:39 AM   #1
Inactive

ezmoneymuchfun HB User
Blood Tests Determine Supplements

For several years I have take a mulit supplement along with various others as I read news about a particular supplement. Recently I have found a much better way to evaluate the necessary supplementation: blood tests.

Blood tests indicate areas that can often be addressed with supplements without the danger of over-doing a good thing. "Flying blind" in the area of our health is not a good idea.

Understand that if you ask a doctor for a blood test, the doctor will ask you what you want one for. He/she will then prescribe a particular test. It is far better to know the tests needed and to request them specifically.

They also have some independant labs that they use to deliver the service of blood testing. I have found the testing to be invaluable in my ability to evaluate and monitor my health.

EZ

Last edited by moderator2; 12-23-2003 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Please carefully read and follow the board posting guidelines regarding websites. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2003, 03:09 PM   #2

MichaelNYC HB User
Re: Blood Tests Determine Supplements

No one needs a doctor to order blood tests. I just ordered a blood test online for $47.00 and will be visiting one of the 1800 blood test offices nationwide (2 blocks from my home) next month. It's a CBC/Chemistry Profile that measures 45 different blood components including cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, iron, minerals, blood cell counts, liver-kidney functions and much more. You're sent the results by mail. A few months ago, I went to a doctor and the cost of two visits plus the test was almost $500. Since I have a high deductable it was out of my pocket. Obviously, if you have a test that is not normal (ex: WBC is 17) then you would need the service of a doctor. On my own, I also get a CT Lung Scan (former smoker) each year. Next month, I plan to get a CT Heart Scan also without a doctor referral. I also take my blood pressure and pulse rate on a regular basis. There's a lot we can do on our own.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-24-2003 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Please carefully read and follow the board posting guidelines. If a website is not allowed the search instructions are not allowed. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread