It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2004, 06:17 PM   #1

JackSIlver HB User
Mens Supplements

Does anyone know if it's safe to use stuff like cobra/ horny goat weed every day as a male supplement like a multivitamin?
Thanks

Old 01-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Re: Mens Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSIlver
Does anyone know if it's safe to use stuff like cobra/ horny goat weed every day as a male supplement like a multivitamin?
Thanks
Should be, it's 100% natural so it's gotta be safe or the FDA would ban it. Although I recommend Tribulis Terretis in addition to the horny goat weed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
Inactive

isolated one HB User
Exclamation Re: Let's get the facts straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_DoOoOoM
Should be, it's 100% natural so it's gotta be safe or the FDA would ban it.
..... I'm sorry but there are two false claims in this short quote. I only use alternative medicine myself but I'm also aware of the facts. (1 100% natural does not mean safe. Herbs such as Ephedra and Yohimbe can have serious side effects. (2 The FDA would ban something if it wasn't safe? Just maybe, more people should take the time to do the research and find out just how much harm is caused by "FDA approved" medicines. Not to even mention side effects and serious health problems, how about 100,000 deaths per year. And that's only from use (not misuse or abuse) of prescription medicines.

Last edited by isolated one; 01-05-2004 at 07:09 PM.

Old 01-06-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Re: Let's get the facts straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isolated one
..... I'm sorry but there are two false claims in this short quote. I only use alternative medicine myself but I'm also aware of the facts. (1 100% natural does not mean safe. Herbs such as Ephedra and Yohimbe can have serious side effects. (2 The FDA would ban something if it wasn't safe? Just maybe, more people should take the time to do the research and find out just how much harm is caused by "FDA approved" medicines. Not to even mention side effects and serious health problems, how about 100,000 deaths per year. And that's only from use (not misuse or abuse) of prescription medicines.

Your right about one thing the FDA does do some pretty flamboyant choosing of American legal medicines. Ephedra was booming on the market when the FDA suddenly pulled it from the shelves. Their investigation into Ephedra is anthing but old, they knew of it's strong potency way before they started rambling over it's "dangerous" side effects. First off I believe most of the people who experience the more serious side effects of the supplement abuse the drug by either ignoring it's daily recommended dosages or it's warning label of risks for people with current or past medical conditions. I believe there is just a very small amount of people who do take the product irresponsibly and experience the potentially "dangerous" side effects. If you were to take all the people who are or have taken the supplement ephedra(ma haung) I could guarentee the majority will say they had experienced no major side effects what so ever. The main side effects for ephedra is fatigue, anxiety, and high blood pressure and they all usually go away within a week or two. I think the ephedra case was not researched well enough to be banned by the FDA. I don't recommend the product for weight loss though I do recommend it for is aiding in healing asthma, bronchitis, lung, coughs & congestive disorders. As for the herb Yohimbe, well I know that it's popluar for it's so called claimed effects as an aphrodisiac and hallucinogen, but in the real world of herbs it is an actual potent anitoxidant. It is a vasodilator, which means that it increases blood flow to the extremities and appendages. In other words, it can treat male impotence quite effectively, as well as increase the sex drive (libido) in men and in women. There's no real proof of any dangerous side effects to Yohimbe.

Old 01-06-2004, 09:07 PM   #5

Hardrock HB User

I've read that tribulus and yohimbe together is pretty good for sex drive.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
Inactive

isolated one HB User

While yohimbe is used by many people with no problems, it does have dangerous side effects for others, such as anxiety, nausea, high blood pressure, and high heart rate. The common dosage used is not much lower than the toxic dose. Yohimbe also shouldn't be used by people with liver problems. And liver trouble mostly doesn't even cause any symptoms until the advanced stages. I'd call all these things dangerous. I think it would be a much better idea to stick with something like tribulus. It's supposed to treat men's sexual function with out altering so many other bodily functions.

Old 01-11-2004, 01:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

If you are having sexual dysfunction problems then you need to see a doctor not fool around treating yourself with virtually useless weeds and trumpted up "special" formulas.

Sexual dysfunction is often a warning sign of the beginning of serious problems including diabetes, heart disease, tumors and cancer. See a doctor to be sure.

Closed Thread