It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #1

buderfly HB User
Question Vitamins for skin???

I was wondering if there was a vitamin you can take for poor skin my skin has become dry as if I were very dehydrated expecially under my eyes. Also I would like to take one tha also would help with fighting off sickness ( I know not completly) and I dont drink milk either so I would need one for calcium also...... Is there one out there for these or would I have to take 3 different ones?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 08:00 PM   #2

buderfly HB User
Unhappy Re: Vitamins for skin???

anybody?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #3

Aurora M. HB User
Re: Vitamins for skin???

You might want to try Flax Seed Oil. I really don't know much about it but I hear it is great for the skin, treating it from the inside out. Maybe do some research on it?

Old 01-09-2004, 08:20 PM   #4

suzi47cmt HB User

Buderfly, I agree with Aurora. A friend told me about flax seed oil, and it really helped improve the texture of my skin. My skin had become dull, dry, and dehydrated. I tried the flax seed oil, capsule form, and it made a difference in a matter of days to weeks. My husband and family actually noticed it. I also began drinking a lot more water, purely by necessity, as my kidneys are troublesome. Due to my crohns disease I do not absorb nutrients and fluids well, so must drink an exhorbitant amount of water daily. I have come to LOVE pure clean cold water. It has improved my health in more ways than I can count.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes. Take care now.

Suzi

Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 AM   #5
(male)

redwing HB User
Smile Re: Vitamins for skin???

Other than a good multivitamin with 100% of the RDA for all the B-vitamins (it is best when the Bs are balanced), try the following as well:

C (250 mg.)
Zinc (50 mg.)
E (400 i.u. - mixed tocopherols with gamma)
Beta carotene (25,000 i.u.)

Old 01-16-2004, 03:18 AM   #6
Inactive

Tlarnla HB User

I don't know much about flaxseed oil, but I agree with all the ones Redwing suggested.

I also recommend protein. Certain amino acids are needed for good skin health, so make sure you're getting plenty of protein. Most people think protein's just for athletes, but it's good for the skin and metabolism too.

I've heard that collagen supplements are good too. The body doesn't use it as-is, but it breaks it down and uses it to make new collagen. I started taking collagen myself, but I have a bad knee so my body uses the new collagen to repair the cartilidge in my knee instead. (Which is cool too, 'cuz my knee used to get sore a lot.)

Old 01-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #7

andielon HB User

OK... I'm new here, but just happened across this posting while looking for information on Phase 2 Carb Blocker (I can't get the search thingy to work at all!!) Anyway...

The water and supplements are great for the skin, but be carefull that you're not missing something bigger. My mother had the same problems develop several years ago. She took the supplements, drank the water, and also slathered on lotion like there was no tomorrow. Still had the problem. She finally went to the Dr. and after blood tests, he told her that she had a severely underactive thyroid. (Turns out there is a family history there...) So just watch after you do the water and supplements (and maybe check with family members?). NOT to underplay the water and supplements.... They both have more benefits than you can list!!

Just an idea.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:31 AM   #8

fat-issues HB User

Hi there. I have similar skin troubles. I have recently been using the Aveeno oatmeal moisurinzing bar twice per day followed by a moisturizer. I also have been using the Oil Olay dry skin vitamin supplements. In almost 2 weeks there is a decent improvment. I will know better in a couple more but if you have enough spare chcange, it might be worth the try to at least try the moisture bar. One other product I have used under my eyes & on my face is the St. Ives cucumber & Elastin Eye&Face Stress Gel. It is a very good product for dryness too. Also get plenty of water daily and stay hydrated. Winter months can be hard on our skin as we go from heated in doors to colder outdoor climate. Hope this might help. Good luck!!

[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by buderfly
I was wondering if there was a vitamin you can take for poor skin my skin has become dry as if I were very dehydrated expecially under my eyes. Also I would like to take one tha also would help with fighting off sickness ( I know not completly) and I dont drink milk either so I would need one for calcium also...... Is there one out there for these or would I have to take 3 different ones?
[COLOR=Pink]

Closed Thread