It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 10:33 AM   #1

talkhealth HB User
small, easy to swallow or adult chewable vitamins??

For some reason, I have developed a difficult time swallowing multi and calcium tablets (like Os-Cal) . On a number of occasions I get a gag reflex that has caused me to vomit them up. Anyone know of very tiny ones that are still appropriately potent or chewable versions that aren't terribly sugar filled?

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #2

suzi47cmt HB User
Re: small, easy to swallow or adult chewable vitamins??

Hi talk,
I have crohns disease, and malabsorption due to multiple surgeries and intestinal inflammation. I have had to find many medications that are either small, very soluable and/or in liquid form. What I have found to be a very helpful item is the multivitamin Centrum, which comes in liquid form. I find it to be palatable, and it is very effective.

Hope this helps. You can buy it right over the counter. It is usually found among all of the vitamins and multivitamins. There are some other vitamins, minerals, and supplements also in liquid form. Sometimes they are not on the shelves, but if you ask your pharmacist, they can tell you if available in liquid form, and then order it for you.

Take care, and good luck.

Suzi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #3

talkhealth HB User

Thanks Suzi- I'll check into your suggestion

Old 01-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #4
(male)

njben HB User

Another suggestion .... Vitamins that are in capsules (the kind where there is a outer coating with a powder inside) can be opened and emptied into a glass of juice or yogurt or something like that.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
(female)

BabblingBrooke HB User

You could take the childrens multi vitamin chewables. On most bottles it says the dosage for adults, just check before you buy. I take these when I run out of mine, not too fond of the taste though! hope this helps!!

Old 01-13-2004, 08:12 AM   #6
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

FYI,Many store bought chewable vitamins have aspartame listed as an ingredient. I know that Centrum chewables do. Remember that these vitamins are synthetic.

If you would like a good liquid vitamin there is one called Liquid Health that is excellent. I take it, it is a whole food source of vitamins. It has a 90% absorption rate.

Closed Thread