It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 07:10 AM   #1
Inactive

slipnot151 HB User
Anthony Robbins

I think Anthony Robbins is great and listening to some of his tapes he refers to green drinks to aklaine your body. Does anyone here know what green drinks are, I think I had some before but not sure.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #2
(male)

njben HB User
Re: Anthony Robbins

I am not sure if you are referring to the same things .. but saw an informercial for some kind of green thing to supposedly alkalize your body as a cure for just about everything. Vitamins, supplements, herbs, and alternative medicine have many great products that do very real things and cure very real illnesses, but there is always science to back it up. It is not magic, it is the interection of chemicals in those items with chemicals in your body that cause a measurable effect. Remember, even Penicillin is in some sense a 'natural remedy' as it is a byproduct of a certain kind of mold.

The point is that there is very little science to back up how the very strong claims made by acid/alkaline readings in your body. There is probably some credance to it, but it is not as grave as made out to me.

Which brings me to my point ... if this is the same green thing I saw on the infomercial, the science given on the program itself is off-the-wall ... literally. The 'doctor' says that his item makes the body more alkaline, thereby allowing the cell walls to be less rigid and allow nutrients to pass through. The problem is that the cells in your body do not have cell walls nor are they rigid.

The product you are talking about ... and even the one I allude to here if they are different .. may be very nutritious. They may be very good to you. But I would be careful to believe everything you read when it comes to supplements. I do not know too much about Anthony Robbins so I can not judge him either way ... but be careful out there .... there are still many many snake oil salesmen out there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

drv HB User

HI, my uncle bought the system off tv and let me read/listen to some of the info. He bought wheat grass(flash frozen and puts in water and takes a couple times a day to alkalize the body(or something a long those lines)he says it has improved his health and still follows his way of life. I think thats what you're asking about not sure. Its been awhile since he bought it and we haven't talked about it in awhile. I do have about a glass a day for a week or 2 and then go off it for a bit(gets expensive unless you buy in bulk) and drink neem tea which also has a similar effect(it is an alkaloid(sp)and helps regulate blood sugars etc..(good for other things also Do some researchif you'd like on the two and you'll find all the info you need. Hope I helped a bit.have a nice day!!
bye
d

Old 01-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #4

Lucyfer HB User

What does this have to do with vitamins,,, lol

Old 01-22-2004, 01:10 PM   #5
(female)

silverandgold HB User

Slipnot---
I know what you are referring to -- Anthony Robbins supports a product called SUPERGREENS created by Dr. Robert Young. There is a Tony Robbins "PowerTalk" program dedicated to this product and how it changed Tony's life. He also interviews Dr. Young about the science behind the product. The products are a tad on the expensive side. Do a search under SuperGreens, sold by InnerLight Inc. and you can get a ton of info.

Closed Thread