HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Vitamins & Supplements (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   smelly feet lol (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vitamins-supplements/143308-smelly-feet-lol.html)

shawn20k 01-18-2004 10:31 PM

smelly feet lol

This is dumb but my feet always stink it sucks, what helps this out? I spray my shoes with shoe freshner stuff and they stink an hour later. Any help is appreciated lol thanks

Kaycee41 01-19-2004 05:52 AM

Re: smelly feet lol

One thing that really helps is wearing white cotton socks...100% cotton. My brother has a real problem with smelly feet and this is the only thing that has made a difference with him.

girlygirly 01-20-2004 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=shawn20k]This is dumb but my feet always stink it sucks, what helps this out? I spray my shoes with shoe freshner stuff and they stink an hour later. Any help is appreciated lol thanks[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at your diet? A unnutritious diet will usually produce body odors.

kellie2 01-29-2004 09:33 PM

Actually, wearing the same shoes every day contributes to this problem more than anything else. You need to have maybe three pairs of shoes that you can rotate so each pair has a chance to air out in-between wearings. Socks are important, too.

This is probably a silly question - but do you feet still smell even on days when you don't wear shoes? You know, days when you may just be laying around the house, not going anywhere. Do you notice it then, too, or only when you wear your shoes?

TomsWife 01-30-2004 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=shawn20k]This is dumb but my feet always stink it sucks, what helps this out? I spray my shoes with shoe freshner stuff and they stink an hour later. Any help is appreciated lol thanks[/QUOTE]

My son's friend had a horrible problem with smelly feet. He used to spend the night (almost every night) at our home during the summer. I spoke to my foot dr about it and she suggested something that was easy to do and cheap! I would bet my last dollar that it will work for you too.
Ready?
Deodorant ! I am not trying to be funny either. Buy any brand of aresol deodorant and spray it on your feet after your shower or anytime of the day. My podiotrist said that all the aresol (spray on, not roll on) deodorants have aluminum in them and thats what quells (stops) the smell.
So get on out there and quell the smell! You are going to be amazed !
P.S. Maybe get yourself some new shoes to celebrate. Plus, the old ones are prob stinky.
:bouncing:

giddyup715 01-30-2004 07:52 PM

I am so LMBO !! Cute thread! I have a son that has the stinkiest feet!
I spend 8 hours a day on my feet and have some foot problems and when I get home at night my hubby gives me foot rubs. Yes, lucky me! But he said my feet have been stinking lately. Well, thanks for the tip! I'm going to try that. I sure don't want those daily foot rubs to stop! :)

TomsWife 02-25-2004 11:27 AM

Hey Giddy,
How did the deodrant work for you? Like I said, my son's friends feet stunk so abad I think the smell would have made paint peel. Not no more though!

Marilyn

crystalina 04-07-2004 01:16 PM

wash ur feet with vineger everyday and put baking soda on ur shoes if ur wearing a shoe without a hole in it

sunshine12 04-08-2004 09:30 AM

I was just going to say the same thing, rinse your feet in vinegar in the am and at night. My daughter had feet that smelled like someone died and she was embarrased to take her shoes off in gym and at home we died! Read the vinegar thing and tried it and after a week she was a little sweet smelling lady again. Smell like a salad for a few minutes but it fades. Good Luck.