It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
bottled water

Can anyone give me any feedback on the Fiji brand bottled water?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 03:03 PM   #2

Mtd845ny HB User
Re: bottled water

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer1
Can anyone give me any feedback on the Fiji brand bottled water?
what kind of feedback are you looking for?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtd845ny
what kind of feedback are you looking for?
Good or bad...if people like or not....what facts they may know about this water.......

Old 01-24-2004, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

It's got a pretty bottle. Check it out.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-24-2004 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Brand names are allowed, websites and search instructions are not. Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Old 01-28-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

aren't all water brands basically the same? I mean, water is water = h20 isnt it???

Old 01-29-2004, 04:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Nope, I am finding out on doing research on different waters, they are NOT all the same.

Old 03-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #7

dmdel HB User

One of the best bottled waters I have tried is Dasani. They use reverse osmosis for purifying the water. It is even good at room temperature. This is the only bottled water we buy anymore.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:46 AM   #8
Inactive

ps630 HB User

[QUOTE=singer1]Can anyone give me any feedback on the Fiji brand bottled water?[/QUOTE

want my feedback? Don't buy it. Just drink from your faucet if you want fresh wter. Bottled water is basically produced for the poorer countries where they dont have water purification. Its just a big seller in the USA because most Americans are ignorant- they think they are getting something better when in fact they are not- its the same thing coming out of your kitchen/bathroom sink.Sad but true.

Old 03-20-2004, 06:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

[QUOTE=ps630]
Quote:
Can anyone give me any feedback on the Fiji brand bottled water?[/QUOTE

want my feedback? Don't buy it. Just drink from your faucet if you want fresh wter. Bottled water is basically produced for the poorer countries where they dont have water purification. Its just a big seller in the USA because most Americans are ignorant- they think they are getting something better when in fact they are not- its the same thing coming out of your kitchen/bathroom sink.Sad but true.
How do you know that?

Old 03-20-2004, 11:34 AM   #10

brandnewday HB User

Quote:
How do you know that?
not all waters are the same. i notice a different level of crispness to some waters compared to others and some seem to quench your thirst better then others. maybe its because of the sodium levels i dunno but they are not all the same.

Old 03-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #11

jessy112212 HB User

Thier is a difference in bottle water always chose one that is high in mineral and no sodium. tap water may be different bec it will not contain minerals plus purifying it varies by state you can look up your local town and see which procedures they use and its purity and mineral in it they should do and annual publication of this. this is the difference in fuji water it already has the minerals, but they do sell supplements that you can add to your water as long as it has no sodium that will do the trick just compare the labels on what it contains. Plus psychologically it is believe that bec it is a nice bottle you will drink more. hope this helps

Old 03-31-2004, 04:50 AM   #12

ronda22 HB User

MY husband works for the water department in our town. He has taken dozens of water training classes, belive it or not, bottled water is truthfully filled at the water plants that are considered "clean" areas where you would think "good" water would come from. ie, Maine, vermont etc. But they are the same water plants that treat your water that comes to your faucets.

Now if you have well water, thats a different story, you should only drink bottled water. Its a myth that the ground "purifies" your water. the ground actually causes the water to get polluted, ie pesticides etc. so if you have well water, you should absolutely use bottled water. but if you have tap water, its good to drink. now if you want to run it through a Brita filter, thats good, it will get rid of the "chlorine" taste.

But bottled water isnt any better than your own. its just that the bottled water companies have us convinced their water is best. not true in all cases.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:53 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda22
MY husband works for the water department in our town. He has taken dozens of water training classes, belive it or not, bottled water is truthfully filled at the water plants that are considered "clean" areas where you would think "good" water would come from. ie, Maine, vermont etc. But they are the same water plants that treat your water that comes to your faucets.

Now if you have well water, thats a different story, you should only drink bottled water. Its a myth that the ground "purifies" your water. the ground actually causes the water to get polluted, ie pesticides etc. so if you have well water, you should absolutely use bottled water. but if you have tap water, its good to drink. now if you want to run it through a Brita filter, thats good, it will get rid of the "chlorine" taste.

But bottled water isnt any better than your own. its just that the bottled water companies have us convinced their water is best. not true in all cases.
I have been ONLY drinking bottled water for the last 3 plus months now. NO tap water and when I decided to taste the tap water to see if I could tell a difference, I could tell a HUGE difference in the taste. The tap water tasted more like metal. (YUCK) the bottled water had a very clean taste to it. If your theory was correct, then I would have not been able to taste a difference at all. Perhaps in your state what you say is correct, but I don't think that is the case in all states. You should check out the figi water and what they say about how they filter their water and it would explain the cleanliness of getting it from the ground. It is very interesting to read.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:54 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

By the way...I don't drink the Figi water. I just read about it.

Closed Thread