It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
Inactive

Deep_in_Thought HB User
Needed: More Protein in Diet

I have recently started working out at a local gym. My goal is to tone my body(i.e. build more muscle). I am curious about ways that I can incorporate more protein into my diet, as protein is essential in building muscle tissue. I have tired protein bars, but most of the ones that I have tried taste horrible. I am now considering protein shakes. Does anyone have any experience with protein shakes? Do you know which are the best tasting/have the most protein...and are the least expensive ;-)?

Thank you, in advance, for your advice. By the way, I am a 24-year-old female.

Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Re: Needed: More Protein in Diet

There are many protein powders out there, you just need to choose one. Protein is incredibly essential in your diet when starting a new fitness program. I guarentee you aren't getting enough protein in just your diet alone, you *MUST* have a protein supplement. These protein powders will also help in muscle recovery if you are really physically active.

Here's a list of many different kinds you can get and their different price ranges. Note - These are all 100% Whey Protein shakes.

Optimum 100% Whey Protein 5lbs(chocolate is the best) - $28.99
HDT 5 Plus 1 Whey Protein 6lbs - $24.99
Pro Lab Pure Whey 5lbs - $27.99
APR Advanced Whey Protein 5lbs - $27.95
Bioplex 100% Whey 5lbs - $27.99
EAS Precision Whey 5lbs - $29.50

All of these protein powders are created by reputable supplement companies so you can't go wrong with any of them.

Last edited by Dr_DoOoOoM; 01-27-2004 at 12:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2004, 05:59 AM   #3

apatim HB User

RE: Optimum Whey... I like all three flavors, Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry. The Strawberry seems to mix easiest but the others help give variety. When I get that craving for something sweet, a protein shake does the trick. Also, I love Reeses cups and by mixing just a little (it doesn't take much) peanut butter in with the chocolate I get that great flavor. Just add one scoop of the Whey with 1/2 cup of 1% milk and 1/2 cup (actually, 1/2 of whatever size container you drink from) of ice. About 1/3 tsp of peanut butter and a squirt of honey. Delicious!!!!!

Old 01-27-2004, 12:15 PM   #4
Inactive

Deep_in_Thought HB User
Cool Re: Needed: More Protein in Diet

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to be taking a trip to the local vitamin store to see what I can find.

Colleen

Old 01-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #5

Shane S HB User

I gotta go with ON 100% Whey... shop online if you can (brick and mortar stores, especially GNC, are overpriced).

Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
Inactive

Deep_in_Thought HB User
Cool Re: Needed: More Protein in Diet

Shane,
I stopped by a store and, interestingly, I ended up buying the one that you have recommended: ON 100% Whey Protein. I bought it from Vitamin Shoppe (brick and mortar store), so I may have paid a little more than if I had purchased it online. Fortunately, there was a sale going on when I went in, so it was a little less than it might have been. Actually, I think it was decently priced, but I might go online in the future.

I have made about four shakes from it so far, and it tastes good (with a few modifcations ). I hope that it will help me to tone up my body. I seem to making good progress at the gym so far...

Colleen

Closed Thread