It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2004, 05:45 PM   #1

Trinity Star HB User
Exclamation Can someone recommend a good multi-vitamin....

I know I am not getting enough vitamins in my diet at all.
I really need a good recommendation for vitamins. I use to take Theragram M at one point a while back.
I am tired a lot and I lack energy.

This has been a problem for me for a while.
If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Trinity Star; 01-31-2004 at 05:49 PM.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Re: Can someone recommend a good multi-vitamin....

If you're truly feeling tired alot, you should probably get your blood checked just to make sure you're not anemic.

That said - take Stresstabs. But just get the simple Stresstabs without iron or anything else added (something added will be shown on the front of the box, it will say something like '+ Iron'; you never take iron unless your doctor says you're anemic and need it). The 'B' vitamins are what will give you more energy, and there's a few other things included like folic acid, etc, that you need, also. It's been shown that it's near impossible to get the amount of vitamins and minerals we need from diet alone....do you have any idea how much we would have to eat a day? I've been taking vitamins and minerals for years, but I also did alot of research and read alot to be able to determine exactly what I needed and how much. I also have a vitamin book that I refer to quite often. I take calcium and magnesium (separately; too hard to break down and absorb when you buy them together in one pill), which every female needs for her bones; I take beta carotene, vitamin E, selenium...
These are my mainstays and what I have been taking probably for over twenty years now, and my immune system is very strong because of it. I never get sick, no colds, no flu, nothing. And I truly believe it's because I take care of myself. But if you want just one pill to take a day that will do the most for you, Stresstabs should be it. And maybe throw in a calcium and magnesium for good measure, as your bones will thank you years from now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2004, 10:23 PM   #3

Invincible HB User

Life extension do a very good formula ... it's very comprehensive and you need to take 14 pills a day split into 3-4 doses.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #4
Inactive

ps630 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellie2
If you're truly feeling tired alot, you should probably get your blood checked just to make sure you're not anemic.

That said - take Stresstabs. But just get the simple Stresstabs without iron or anything else added (something added will be shown on the front of the box, it will say something like '+ Iron'; you never take iron unless your doctor says you're anemic and need it). The 'B' vitamins are what will give you more energy, and there's a few other things included like folic acid, etc, that you need, also. It's been shown that it's near impossible to get the amount of vitamins and minerals we need from diet alone....do you have any idea how much we would have to eat a day? I've been taking vitamins and minerals for years, but I also did alot of research and read alot to be able to determine exactly what I needed and how much. I also have a vitamin book that I refer to quite often. I take calcium and magnesium (separately; too hard to break down and absorb when you buy them together in one pill), which every female needs for her bones; I take beta carotene, vitamin E, selenium...
These are my mainstays and what I have been taking probably for over twenty years now, and my immune system is very strong because of it. I never get sick, no colds, no flu, nothing. And I truly believe it's because I take care of myself. But if you want just one pill to take a day that will do the most for you, Stresstabs should be it. And maybe throw in a calcium and magnesium for good measure, as your bones will thank you years from now.
Nice reply Kelly. I also take stress tabs everyday and I never get sick either.Some sources say they slow the aging process. Its a very good investment for people to start taking stresstabs and they will get a return on their investment years on down the road.....

Old 02-04-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User

'slowing the aging process'.....funny you should say that. Like I said, I've been taking vitamins for over twenty years now, I'm 51 years old, and have been mistaken for my 33 yr. old son's girlfriend. Also, my 29 yr old daughter and I were out to lunch and had my 3 month old granddaughter with us, and someone walked up, commented on how cute she was, then asked which one of us was the mom So yeah, I'd say taking vitamins - and also taking care of yourself - is very good for us.

Closed Thread