It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #1
Inactive

The Cardinal HB User
DHEA for 35 and older weightlifters

The following questions are for the 35 y/o and older crowd who have/are using DHEA:
1. Have you experienced any positive or negative effects and if so, what were they? Specifically, have you experienced in effects on body composition, strength, or recovery ability?
2. What is your dosage and frequency of use?
3. Do you cycle it?
4. For males, do you use an anti-E or other product as an adjunct?
6. Any thoughts about bioavailabilty of capsules vs. tablets vs. powders vs. sprays?
7. Favorite brand(s)?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I've read a bunch about DHEA - pros and cons - and I intend to try it. However, before I do, I'd like some feedback from users who are not only active lifters, but who fit the age profile of those who should theoretically benefit the most from usage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #2

apatim HB User
Re: DHEA for 35 and older weightlifters

I've been taking 50mg daily for about 3 months. Haven't noticed any changes good or bad. Will probably stop taking after this bottle (Walmart) is gone and see if I notice any changes. I do eat clean and workout regularly with weights as well as cardio so DHEA may be totally unnecessary anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #3
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User
Re: DHEA for 35 and older weightlifters

Taking DHEA can cause more harm than good if your system doesn't need it. Most people should have their DHEA levels checked before deciding to add it to their supplements, to find out if they need it and if so how much. My guess would be that 50mg is much too much for a 35y.o. male to take and secondly a Walmart brand is probably not a very reliable source of DHEA. If you take DHEA from an outside source (like a supplement) and you are making enough of your own, by supplementing you could actually reduce your own production of it. A better choice would be to use 7-Keto (a precursor) and let your body make the conversion of deficient DHEA. 7-Keto is not cheap. Nor is a high quality, reliable DHEA. M

Closed Thread