It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #1

Ibis HB User
Supplements for weight loss? Know any that work?

Hi, I am trying to lose a few holiday pounds. I wanted to know if anyone has found a supplement that helps. I recently read about CLA in my health food store's monthly hand out. Any have any experience with it?

Old 02-12-2004, 05:13 AM   #2
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User
Re: Supplements for weight loss? Know any that work?

CLA is very good and will work even better if combined with an exercise program. It can cause some GI upset, so best to start out low and work up to optimum amount. A word of clarification. Not all CLA products are the same. You may compare 2 or 3 and compare this - If it says it is 1000 mg of CLA, read further on the label either on the front or back in ( ) what the yeild is. They are not all the same. One that says 1,000 may only yeild 600 mg CLA and another may say it yeilds 750. This is important and has a bearing on how well it will work. Obviously the higher yeild dictates a better product.

Other ideas:

Lecithin
Nopal Cactus
L-Carnitine
Kidney Bean Extract (but this one is tough on the gut)
Coleus Forscolli (I may have the spelling wrong on this one)
Taurine
DIM (works very well if weight gain is estrogen related)

M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
Inactive

healthy4me HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibis
Hi, I am trying to lose a few holiday pounds. I wanted to know if anyone has found a supplement that helps. I recently read about CLA in my health food store's monthly hand out. Any have any experience with it?

I did a 5 day high fiber cleanse that was really low glycemic...and it not only altered my carb cravings, but doing something like that also changed my frame of mind so that i was on the road to a healthy alternative lifestyle. I lost 5lbs, in that time period...and i continue to eat low glycemic foods, and i'm just releasing the fat.
I love it...it worked...you may want to look into that...

exercise and low glycemic diet is what i believe truely works. I read it in a book called releasing fat, and it just really clearly explained to me everything my body was doing...it gave me so much insight...you may want to look for that on the shelves...

Michelle

Last edited by healthy4me; 02-14-2004 at 08:06 AM.

Old 02-16-2004, 04:27 AM   #4

jo_ix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy4me
I did a 5 day high fiber cleanse that was really low glycemic...and it not only altered my carb cravings, but doing something like that also changed my frame of mind so that i was on the road to a healthy alternative lifestyle. I lost 5lbs, in that time period...and i continue to eat low glycemic foods, and i'm just releasing the fat.
I love it...it worked...you may want to look into that...

exercise and low glycemic diet is what i believe truely works. I read it in a book called releasing fat, and it just really clearly explained to me everything my body was doing...it gave me so much insight...you may want to look for that on the shelves...

Michelle
I am new, what's CLA stand for?

-------------------------------------------

found it out, "Conjugated Linoleic Acid". I have never tried any supplements. I am not very active and going to the gym is usually a challenge for me, if I use CLA alone, what will happen?

Last edited by jo_ix; 02-16-2004 at 04:30 AM.

Closed Thread