It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #1

Ibis HB User
Anyone suggest a natural Diuretic?

I have recently noticed my socks are leaving ridges in my legs. It seem I have a very slight swelling and want to see if a natural Diuretic could help. Any suggestions?

Old 02-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
(male)

davitude HB User
Re: Anyone suggest a natural Diuretic?

Ibis...hiding all the way over here. What am I going to do with you?

Venastat is an "anti swelling" herb with diuretic properties, called horse chestnut. I've seen what this one can do first hand (on a friend's hand, in fact). It is marketed as anti varicose vein, but its antiedemic (anti-swelling) abilities were known long before that.

Dandelion root is a natural, potassium sparing diuretic which is very mild. It may actually be too weak to help you.

I've only used/seen use of these on a temporary basis. I don't know how effective they (or any other diuretic) will be long term. Your body has that nasty trick of adjusting to things like changes in water balance.

I'm afraid that there is no herb which I could find which has been shown to increase thyroid receptor levels. Right now I'm on plan B, which is increasing the sensitivity of existing receptors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 08:21 AM   #3

Ibis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitude
Ibis...hiding all the way over here. What am I going to do with you?

Venastat is an "anti swelling" herb with diuretic properties, called horse chestnut. I've seen what this one can do first hand (on a friend's hand, in fact). It is marketed as anti varicose vein, but its antiedemic (anti-swelling) abilities were known long before that.

Dandelion root is a natural, potassium sparing diuretic which is very mild. It may actually be too weak to help you.

I've only used/seen use of these on a temporary basis. I don't know how effective they (or any other diuretic) will be long term. Your body has that nasty trick of adjusting to things like changes in water balance.

I'm afraid that there is no herb which I could find which has been shown to increase thyroid receptor levels. Right now I'm on plan B, which is increasing the sensitivity of existing receptors.
Hey, thank you for your help. and the laugh when I read your greeting!
I may go to the store today and look for some of the herbs you mentioned. I will let you know how I do with them.

Old 02-29-2004, 12:33 PM   #4

Iz2daIzzy HB User

Elevating your legs above the level of your heart whenever you can eg when you come home from work will help as well.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:03 PM   #5

Devilishkitten HB User

Vitamin B6 is suppose to be a diuretic as is spinach. I find just drinking more water helps.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #6

Ibis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishkitten
Vitamin B6 is suppose to be a diuretic as is spinach. I find just drinking more water helps.
Actually some one on the thyroid board suggested water also. I did increase my intake and I did notice less swelling? I wil continue to drink ay least 60 oz per day.

Closed Thread