It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

miss_prolixity HB User
Vitamin question about energy?

I've been taking a multi-vitamin, 2000mg's vitamin C, 1000mg's calicium and I follow a relatively healthy diet. I mainly eat proteins, lots of vegetables and fruits. But I feel so sluggish and tired all the time.

Can anyone recommend a good vitamin for energy? It is taking a huge effect on me. I can barely exercise or even get daily errands done. I just feel wore down all the time.

Old 02-29-2004, 12:46 PM   #2

Iz2daIzzy HB User
Re: Vitamin question about energy?

Taking your vitamins separately is better than taking them in a mulit, since many of vitamins/minerals in the multi counteract one another. The B vitamins, in particular B12 can significantly boost energy levels. B12 in the form of methylcobalamin is the superior to cyanocobalamin. I take a 1000mg tablet sublingually every 2nd day. B12 must be in relative balance with folic acid mg for mg The most bioavailable B vitamins are 'co-enzymated' There is a co-enzymated B-complex by Country Life which is good.
Other supplements that are good for energy include TMG (take this in the morning with your B vitamins) and SAM-e (take this on an empty stomach in the morning). SAM-e will also significantly boost your feeling of wellbeing.
DL-phenylalanine is an amino acid that will also boost your energy levels.
It works best when taken along with another amino acid l-tyrosine as well as vitamin B6 (co-enzymated of course).
Take your calcium later in the day (no more than 500mg at a tim - that's all the body can absorb) because calcium can often make people feel lethargic.
Minerals also work best when the body is at rest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #3

Iz2daIzzy HB User

You may also consider taking acetyl l-carnitine, malic acid, ribose and a systemic enzyme mix such as Vitalzym.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
(female)

miss_prolixity HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz2daIzzy
You may also consider taking acetyl l-carnitine, malic acid, ribose and a systemic enzyme mix such as Vitalzym.
Thank you so much for the reply, Iz2daIzzy.

You gave me some very insightful information. I am going to start taking B-12 and look into TMG and SAM-e. I never heard of them. But I am willing to try anything at this point, because I can't stay in the condition I'm in.

Again, thanks!

Old 03-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #5
(female)

Sally A HB User

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 10 years. I know a bit about fatigue! ha. If you take b12, use the under the tongue pills. Injections work best, but you need to see if that is a deficiency first. Also, Co10 works well for oxygen, heart and energy. See a good doctor to see if you are ill. Good luck.

Closed Thread