It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 05:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
2 questions regarding vitamins....

1) can i take all my vitamins at the same time?

2) does it matter what brand of vitamins i take or are they all the same?

thanks guys!

Old 03-04-2004, 09:57 AM   #2
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Re: 2 questions regarding vitamins....

What kind of vitamins are you taking? Some supplements are best taken by themselves.

No all vitamins are not the same. There are synthetics that are manmade in a lab and that act as drugs in the body. There also are vitamins made from whole food sources. There are vitamins that are a combination of the two mentioned. The list goes on and on. There are vitamins that have synthetic and natural sources in them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 04:21 PM   #3
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

To clarify the reference to whole food supplements, actually that's misleading. You see, even the whole food supplements are - synthesized. They use a sythesized nutrient and grow it on a yeast base, allowing them to call it whole food. Synthetic is different (i.e.,dl vs d tocopherols). To the best of my knowledge there are no supplement that are truly and completely "whole food" unless one is talking about powdered veggies. If there are any please point me in the right direction and I'll check them out. M (oops, no don't point me by way of any web addresses - already got booted for that mistake - just tell me a name (I think you can do that) and I'll search for it myself, thanks)

Old 03-06-2004, 04:00 AM   #4
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatApoth2003
To clarify the reference to whole food supplements, actually that's misleading. You see, even the whole food supplements are - synthesized. They use a sythesized nutrient and grow it on a yeast base, allowing them to call it whole food. Synthetic is different (i.e.,dl vs d tocopherols). To the best of my knowledge there are no supplement that are truly and completely "whole food" unless one is talking about powdered veggies. If there are any please point me in the right direction and I'll check them out. M (oops, no don't point me by way of any web addresses - already got booted for that mistake - just tell me a name (I think you can do that) and I'll search for it myself, thanks)
I use a vitamin called liquid health that is made from seaweeds, I don't see how it is isn't a whole food vitamin according to the definition quoted. There is no "yeast base" is this supplement. There are other whole food multi vitamins such as the one I mentioned that are not derived from yeast. I do understand that there are companies who "mislead" consumers and that is a shame!

Old 03-06-2004, 04:16 AM   #5
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

It's not derrived "from" yeast, the nutrients are grown on a yeast base or other similar base. To agree with whether or not a seaweed supplement actually contains all the nutrients necessary to be categorized as a complete mutli vitamin I'd be curious to see the formula, amounts/values and forms of these nutrients. What is the name of the supplement? M

Old 03-06-2004, 04:47 AM   #6
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatApoth2003
It's not derrived "from" yeast, the nutrients are grown on a yeast base or other similar base. To agree with whether or not a seaweed supplement actually contains all the nutrients necessary to be categorized as a complete mutli vitamin I'd be curious to see the formula, amounts/values and forms of these nutrients. What is the name of the supplement? M
Liquid Health as I already stated. BTW it is yeast free so I am curious to see how it can then be derived from yeast.

Last edited by girlygirly; 03-06-2004 at 04:58 AM.

Old 03-06-2004, 05:35 AM   #7
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

Again, NOT derrived FROM...grown on, cultured on. Two different things. I just e-mailed the company to inquire on the following:

Who/Where product manufacturer is. A must know. 99.99% chance they are not making it themselves.

COA's on bacteria, fugal, heavy metals, stability, etc. Also verified percent of absorption on their product. I am also curious as to what form the nutrients are as they don't list them on the label. Given the fact that some forms have better absorption rates than others (i.e., zinc oxide vs zinc citrate) gotta know that too or all the hoopla is irrelevant.

I also noticed that they make the statement that the reason they need to use preservatives is because aloe must have it. This is kinda sortta not true. 100% liquid aloe extract that is distilled does NOT need a preservative which leads me to believe the medicinal compounds are not there. Hmm. It'll be interesting to see what their response is. M

Old 03-09-2004, 04:32 AM   #8
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Natapoth2003,

Did you get a response yet? I'm curious to see what the answers are! Keep me posted!!

Old 03-09-2004, 05:03 AM   #9
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

Haven't heard anything back from them yet. I posted them on 3/6 so it may be too soon, although I did give them 3 avenues by which to respond to me. If I don't receive a response by the 11th I'll inquire again. If I still receive no reply that pretty much answers my questions right there (which is what I suspect anyway). I'll certainly remember to keep you abreast of the outcome. M

Closed Thread