It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #1

TonyTone HB User
Willow Bark?

I've looked around on my search engine, and found ppl use Willow Bark as a substitute for Aspirin. But I've seen it listed in some diet pills, and I was wondering why? For example, I'm interested in taking the Hydroxycut w/o caffeine, but I noticed it had both purple and white willow bark. I wonder why would something that be used as a sub for Aspirin, be used in a diet pill? Would there be any harmful side effects for using this?

Old 03-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
Inactive

maak823 HB User
Re: Willow Bark?

As a weight loss aid, white willow bark extract offers little to no benefits by itself. In combination with other dietary supplements, however, white willow is thought to extend or increase the activity of several thermogenic ingredients in elevating energy expenditure and promoting fat metabolism, when used in combination with other thermogenic supplements, to help promote increased fat oxidation (examples include Ma Huang, Synephrine, Green Tea, Guarana, and Quercetin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone
I've looked around on my search engine, and found ppl use Willow Bark as a substitute for Aspirin. But I've seen it listed in some diet pills, and I was wondering why? For example, I'm interested in taking the Hydroxycut w/o caffeine, but I noticed it had both purple and white willow bark. I wonder why would something that be used as a sub for Aspirin, be used in a diet pill? Would there be any harmful side effects for using this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #3

TonyTone HB User

So, if used with Green Tea extract, is it harmful? Does it thin out the blood, like aspirin does? Cuz if it does, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to work out after taking it, right?

Old 03-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #4
Inactive

maak823 HB User

It does have blood thinning qualities and is an anti-inflammatory- I guess it would depend on how well you tolerate asprin. The reccomended amt for pain relief is 60 - 120mg- but if using for weight loss- you would want to take in smaller amounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone
So, if used with Green Tea extract, is it harmful? Does it thin out the blood, like aspirin does? Cuz if it does, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to work out after taking it, right?

Closed Thread