It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 08:32 AM   #1

nancy831 HB User
I could really use some advice....

I am a 29 year old wife, mother, and small business owner. Times have been rather stressful lately. I just completed a series of tests with my Doctor for fatigue and headaches. Well, she told me today that I am a very healthy 29 year old woman. My question is why do I feel like I have a steak knife sticking out of the top of my head on a daily basis? Can someone advise me on vitamins that may help me feel more energetic? I asked my Doctor about vitamins, but of course she says there's no real proof that they will help with energy level. I just want to feel good again and I thought that the people here may be able to help me.
Thanks,
N

Old 03-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #2

earthgirl HB User
Re: I could really use some advice....

Hi Nancy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches! Those are the worst.

There are sooo many factors that can cause headaches. They can include:

MSG (found in tons of foods)
Food Allergy
Fragrance (perfume) allergy
Caffeine
Aspartame (found in diet sodas and tons of packaged foods)
Low Blood Sugar Level
Stress
Dehydration
Not enough salt & potassium in the body
Neck or back out of alignment
Straining the eyes (staring at a computer for long periods of time, needing glasses, or wearing the wrong prescription of glasses)
Poor diet
Not enough protein in your diet

Thos are just some of the causes of headaches. I guess the trick would be to figure out what works for you.

As far as having more energy, definitely take a multi-vitamin every day and be sure to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. There's also a product called Emer'gen-C that is a great all-natural energy booster. You can find it at most health food stores. They're just little packets you mix with water or juice. They're great for giving you energy, providing a lot of vitamin c when you're feeling ill or even for helping with a hang-over.

Hope this helps somewhat
earthgirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #3

nancy831 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgirl
Hi Nancy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches! Those are the worst.

There are sooo many factors that can cause headaches. They can include:

MSG (found in tons of foods)
Food Allergy
Fragrance (perfume) allergy
Caffeine
Aspartame (found in diet sodas and tons of packaged foods)
Low Blood Sugar Level
Stress
Dehydration
Not enough salt & potassium in the body
Neck or back out of alignment
Straining the eyes (staring at a computer for long periods of time, needing glasses, or wearing the wrong prescription of glasses)
Poor diet
Not enough protein in your diet

Thos are just some of the causes of headaches. I guess the trick would be to figure out what works for you.

As far as having more energy, definitely take a multi-vitamin every day and be sure to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. There's also a product called Emer'gen-C that is a great all-natural energy booster. You can find it at most health food stores. They're just little packets you mix with water or juice. They're great for giving you energy, providing a lot of vitamin c when you're feeling ill or even for helping with a hang-over.

Hope this helps somewhat
earthgirl
Thanks so much for your reply! My Mom went through a period at my age, where she suddenly found herself allergic to everything. I have also been thinking that it may be my problem too. I think I am going to ask my Doctor to send me to an allergist. She's so quick to think that there is something metally wrong just because a few blood tests came back normal. She has already tried to push an antidepressant on me. I just know in my heart and soul that this is not my problem. I went to a vitamin store today and got some good advice, I hope it helps! I also went to an Opthamologist last week and he adjusted my contact prescription down a little. I am determined to solve this problem and feel good again!
Thanks again,
Nancy

Old 04-22-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
(male)

Dave64 HB User

For energy, take:
1. CQ10
2. Vitamin E (400 IU's) (not at night!)
3. Kyolic Garlic Extract
4. Acetyl L-Carnitine

Good stuff!