It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2004, 06:52 AM   #1

Aditi HB User
what is the best supplement to correct brain fog

I am 50 and probably close to menopause. I used to be very sharp but now I have become absent-minded, although not horribly so. I take a strong multivitamin and an omega-3 supplement, eat well (fish), sleep about 6.5 hours a night, exercise (although not daily). I need to know what else I could take that would help me not be so forgetful and absentminded (at least in my view). Does anyone take anything that helps? I don't want to take Kava Kava as I have read some things about it that are negative. I need something is is good for women in menopause, not for a young person or a man (as he would not have the hormonal problems I have).

Old 03-28-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
Inactive

isolated one HB User
Re: what is the best supplement to correct brain fog

I would suggest Rosemary or Cayenne. I think rosemary helped to some degree but cayenne is well known for increasing blood circulation. I take three cayenne capsules every day to boost my energy. It's commonly believed that cayenne (hot pepper) damages the stomach but that's been found to be a false assumption. The burning sensation is only a signal the nerves perceive. Believe it or not, cayenne is supposed to help with many digestive problems. For the first one or two weeks of using cayenne, many people have the feeling of mild heartburn after taking it. That will go away when the cayenne starts helping the digestive process. I would suggest doing some research on cayenne before taking it because, like anything else, it can cause a problem with some medications or health problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 03:55 AM   #3
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

Some suggestions: CoQ10, Vinpocetine, B-12 (sublingual), Lecithin, 7-Keto, Folic Acid Also, be aware of the fish, including the fish oils. The oils should be molecularly distilled to be sure all toxins and heavy metals are removed, and over consumption of fish (ths big ones like tuna and cod, etc) have some toxins and heavy metal concern, such as mercury. Two years ago the FDA announced that consumers limit their intake to no more than 2 6 0z servings per week, although it is barely making it into the news. This could have some serious long-term consequence on brain function. M

Old 03-30-2004, 07:36 AM   #4

Aditi HB User

I already take CQ10 and fish oils. Should I up the dosage or take something in addition? Basically I want to improve my short term memory and recall.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:49 AM   #5
(male)

grillo7 HB User

You might look into taking the common herb Sage. Mainstream sources like the BBC were reporting in August that it improved memory. I've also heard choline is effective (or lecithin which your body will convert to choline). Personally, I've found B Vitamins, Vitamin C, and Olive Oil to be helpful, as well as access to sunlight.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
(male)

Dave64 HB User

I would take Acetyl L-Carnitine, Vitamin E, and CQ10!

Old 04-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
(male)

moose48 HB User

Ginkgo Biloba is supposed to enhance mental alertness, but be sure to read the warnings about blood thinners. I would be cautious about high blood pressure with Ginkgo.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:50 AM   #8
(male)

sunbird_owner HB User

Lecithin actually works for me. I take 2 X 1200 mg capsules at night.

Closed Thread