HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Vitamins & Supplements (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Who takes flaxseed oil capsules? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vitamins-supplements/160367-who-takes-flaxseed-oil-capsules.html)

siren3 03-26-2004 04:42 PM

Who takes flaxseed oil capsules?

Would you mind listing any positive changes you've experienced since taking them, or from taking the oil by itself, if that's what you take instead. Thank you. :)

Sally A 03-27-2004 12:41 PM

Re: Who takes flaxseed oil capsules?

I take Flaxseed oil. I also take Eve. Primrose oil. I wouldn't want to stop the eve. primrose, it is so good for pms! Flaxseed is very good for you.

iridescentsea 04-01-2004 09:08 AM

I've been taking flaxseed oil capsules for 2 months. I think it helps keeping my skin acne-free. I am saying "I think" b/c it could be that I am just going through an acne-free phase. I have been battling with mild adult acne on and off in the last 12 years.

ftlmatt 04-15-2004 10:12 AM

try the flax seed oil instead of the capsules...u will get a lot more for your money. and make sure you buy it cold. that way u know it is fresh and good product. the high lignan flax seed oil is really good btw take 2-4 tablespoons daily depending on your age/weight, etc.

siren3 04-18-2004 10:04 PM

ftlmatt: I went ahead and bought the capsules for now, I might try the oil sometime in the future. Well thanks for the replies!

a bear 05-07-2004 06:35 PM

if it wasnt for flax oil and glucosamine, i'd be having major problems with my knees

Sprat529 05-11-2004 05:50 AM

[QUOTE=Sally A]I take Flaxseed oil. I also take Eve. Primrose oil. I wouldn't want to stop the eve. primrose, it is so good for pms! Flaxseed is very good for you.[/QUOTE]

I am very curious about the primrose you are taking for PMS. Do you take it all month long, or do you take it just during that time of the month? I suffer greatly during that time, how does the primrose help?

Any info. I appericate greatly,

Thanks in advance
Sprat529

Rickhard 08-04-2004 12:08 PM

buy whole flax seeds and grind them up yourself. it will save you a lot of money. the seeds are better than the oil or capsules. i started taking one tablespoon a day and now i'm up to four. 4 tbsp of whole seeds when ground equals approx. half cup. coffee grinder is one time purchase. i buy brown flax seeds[cheaper than gold, just as effective. my daily dose costs me only about twelve cents. seeds contain 33% to 45% oil. since getting up to a 1/2 cup ground seeds i have been able to stop antidepressant, anti-anxiety meds, allergy and asthma meds reduced 95%, exercise endurance increased 33% to 50%, i was riding 45 minutes at a time, now at least onehour, often an hour and ten to fifteen minutes. i.m 48, this is more aerobic exercise than i did in my 20s, however when i was young i never pushed myself, i was more into weightlifting than aerobics. also i've stopped feeling colder than other people[this was a serious problem for me for over ten years] it stopped after one week of eating a half cup of ground seeds daily. i boil two cups water, add one cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup ground flax seeds, reduce heat to medium and cook about ten minutes. contrary to what some say, cooking flax at 350 F or lower okay. i got better results from cooking it than eating it raw. good luck.