It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

Jeanster HB User
Vitamins for nice skin?

Hi, I have developed oily skin lately and have small blemishes that I would like to get rid of. I heard that evening primrose oil is good for the skin. As well as zinc, vitamin b 5 and others.
Does anyone know a good vitamin regimn to get into that may help oily skin?

Old 04-28-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User
Re: Vitamins for nice skin?

Well I don't know a lot about vitamins and everything. But I do know vitamine E is really really good for your skin. My selftanned (bronzing gel) gets my skin all nicely soft and gets rid of zits and everything. Which clean&clear can hardly do. And it's not just because it camouflages it cause it just feels (not only looks) a lot better as well. And I think it's cause of the vitamine E is contains. So eat lots of carrots.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #3
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_
Well I don't know a lot about vitamins and everything. But I do know vitamine E is really really good for your skin. My selftanned (bronzing gel) gets my skin all nicely soft and gets rid of zits and everything. Which clean&clear can hardly do. And it's not just because it camouflages it cause it just feels (not only looks) a lot better as well. And I think it's cause of the vitamine E is contains. So eat lots of carrots.
Carrots supply beta carotene not a tremendous source of vitamin e.

You are on the correct track with zinc. Vitamin E is as stated above very good for the skin. If you decide to supplment with B5 then just take a whole B complex since you can take too much of one of the B's that effect how the other B's will work. (I hope that made sense)!!

You may want to examne your diet and see if you are eating too many refined carbs or processed foods, that can add to your skin problem tremendously. Do you eat too many sugars? For example bagels, pasta, potatoes, breads, muffins, cookies, pastries and candies? Also if you eat soy for instance it depletes your supply of zinc, so look real hard at your diet as it is more than likely the culprit.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

what does beta carotene do then

Old 04-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

which foods contain most vitamine e, zinc and vitamine b

Old 04-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #6
(female)

Jeanster HB User
GirlyGirly

Hi, thanks for the tips. I havn't made many changes in my diet. I eat a normal amount of breads, potatees, not a lot. I eat at fast food restaurants rarely(once a month) I am not overweight and I eat fruits and veges so i really don't think it's diet. I think betocarotene is a source of vitamin A. They use vitamin A cream for acne(retisonlA and others) The evening primrose oil capsules I take also have vitamin e in them. I don't want to overdose on vitamins though. I've been taking all kinds

Closed Thread