It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #1

lacy33 HB User
Does anyone know of a good supplement for someone with bad allergies?

I get shots and take allergy meds, but all of those antihistamines and decongenstants have not been good for my body. Also - my allergies leave me feeling fatigued - any suggestions of a supplement that will help?

Supposedly allergies mean you have something wrong with your immune system, but knock on wood, I usually don't get virus, colds, etc. Should i take something for immune system as well?

Would appreciate anyone that can help. Oh, I currently only take a childrens vitamin (b/c multi-vitamins hurt my stomach). I'm a female age 25.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:27 PM   #2
Inactive

isolated one HB User
Re: Does anyone know of a good supplement for someone with bad allergies?

Nettle is supposed to be the best natural remedy for allergies but something else may also help. I've been fortunate enough to never suffer from allergies. I've had cats as pets for much of my life and have never had any allergic reaction to them either. Last year, I decdided to get a cat after a few years of not having any pets. To my surprise, I noticed a very mild allergic reaction. Only a few days after, I started to take Cayenne capsules because I had been low on energy for quite a long time, due to stress. Soon after starting the cayenne, I also noticed the allergies to my cat slowly went away and are now gone. In addition to Nettle, you may also want to research Cayenne because it's claimed to be one of the best herbs for the immune system.

Last edited by isolated one; 04-28-2004 at 08:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

CoQ10, grape seed extract, and colostrum.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:51 AM   #4

johnx HB User

Was just reading an article about licorice and it's uses against allergies, in the Vitamin World mag, Healthsmart Today. Do some research and see if you would be OK with it. There are some restrictions, like high blood pressure is a no-no.

Closed Thread