It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
very confused about vitamins, couple ???'s

hi,
my diet is quite healthy, and right now i'm taking centrum performance and vitamin e (sundown). i don't feel i should take c d and a because i drink milk, drink green tea and eat about 3 servings of veggies and 3 servings of fruit a day,a serving of yogurt a day, and of course lean meats, brown rice, basically stuff like that. i don't want to overdose on vitamins because i know there could be a toxic effect. i drink slim fast shakes alot too. lastly, i workout about 6 days a week about 50min each time. ultimately, i'm looking to obtain optimal health and also a better memory for learning. i'm in school for nursing and i need all the brain cells i can get because it can be overwhelming. btw, i'm 28 years old. thank you so much for reading and/or some advice!!

Old 05-14-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Re: very confused about vitamins, couple ???'s

You're far from overdosing on any supplements. In fact you're not taking nearly as much as most people who are just as active. You're daily vitamin intake is just fine, keep up the good work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #3
(female)

Solange1965 HB User

If you are using Centrum or any otc multi-vitamins, there is no worry about over dosing...you are lucky if you are getting the minimum daily.

Unless you are eating your veggies raw or barely steamed, most of the nutritional benefits are lost in cooking. Consider the processing that most of our foods endure before we even purchase them, I have very little hope there is much left after cooking besides. I would tell you to skip the beef altogther, everything about it slows down your system especially during the digestive process and concentrate more on fish at least 3 times a week, steamed or baked.

I used to think of vitamins/minerals as a supplement to the benefits derived in our foods being the priority but have changed that line of thinking especially after doing a major bumping up of my vitamin intake, focusing on the anti-oxidents...A, C, E, Selenium, etc...

Give your brain some food, take some B-50's or get a good supplement source book from the library and do your homework on this. And don't forget about the water...drink plenty of that....Solange

Old 05-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

actually, i'm not worried about overdosing primarily at this point, however, if i do take A C F and selenium in addition to my multi and my pretty good diet, then i feel i may be overdosing. does anyone have any suggestions on what else i should take. i really appreciate all of your help!!!

Closed Thread