It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

michelle1970 HB User
Does St. John's Wart help?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone here has taken St. John's Wart for depression, and if it has helped. Also, is there any side effects like weight gain, tiredness or anything else. Thanx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #2

art vandelay HB User
Lightbulb Re: Does St. John's Wart help?

didn't help me so i had to resort to perscription meds. it is just placebo stuff but if you think it works than it probably will...it might be hard to think that now that i've told you it doesn't work but i wish u the best of luck...i got off the meds about 7 months ago and am doing well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

walkinlove HB User
Re: Does St. John's Wart help?

MIchelle1970,

Just wanted to input regarding the St. Johns. It works well for me. I take it with 5-htp. 5-HTP can be found at your local vitamin store. Take one at night as it makes you kind of sleepy and the St. Johns in the morning. Look for the St. John that is the stongest. Compared to the anti-depressants on the market, this is the most natural with out the freaky side effects. Google 5-Htp and St.John and read up on how the two work together. It takes a little while for them to work, but I swear by them... Good luck.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #4
(female)

walkinlove HB User
Re: Does St. John's Wart help?

Oh yeah, just wanted to add that I have had NOOOOO side effects at all except a happier me.

Closed Thread