It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
NO2 weight lifting supplement?

No2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My boyfriends been using NO2, hes 19, and it is breaking his face out (zits) on the side of his forehead and nose, NO2 is like a weight lifting supplement or something, helps tone muscles etc. Is it possibley that?? He was using T-bomb, but NO2 just came out and said it was better than T-bomb but t-bomb didnt break his face out.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:49 AM   #2

johnx HB User
Re: NO2 weight lifting supplement?

NO2 is mostly l-arginine, an amino acid. Have him compare the ingredients and ask someone where he buys it if there's any difference between the 2. KAL makes a pretty inexpensive l-arginine powder that can mix with protein shakes, or what have you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 11:50 PM   #3

Paracelsus HB User

That's a pretty gimmicky bodybuilding supplement. l-arginine is present in some cell volumizers but for body composition alone tell him to save his money and buy you a bracelet or something.

If he absolutely has to waste money on bb supps than tell him to waste it in the following order: multivitamin, whey protein, fish oil, creatine monohydrate (no fancy volumizer needed), and then if he still has money left he might consider things pertaining to his specific physiology. NO2 supplements stink.

Vitamins that bodybuilders find use in additional supplementation are:
Calcium, magnezium, "ZMA" (proprietary blend of zinc:magnesium:b6), and vitamin E (400-800IU), vitamin C (1g), and possibly biotin.

Other popular ways in bodybuilding to **** your money away include: acetyl-l-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, choline (phosphatidylcholine AKA lecithin), etc.

If he is breaking out, maybe he's not telling you that he's taking prohormones. In any event, he might consider megadosing vit. B5 at anywhere from 3-6 or more grams per day. Bulk powder of B5 can be had at 600g for $18.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

I don't think he is taking pro-hormones, he said he had taken them before this stuff called ad-1 or something like that, but he cant afford it now, or maybe he is.....

He did break out bad on one side of his face though like on the side of the forehead, nasty big zits that didnt even have white heads, they look to be drying up but hes had them for a while now, maybe two weeks or 2 1/2 wks.

I told him to finish up No2 and dont use anymore-all the guys on the tv with huge muscles dont have lives cuz they spend their entire day in the lifting/workout room, at least thats how I see it, and my boyfriend only lifts for about an hour everyday, then plays bball for about two hours everyday.

Is there anything you would suggest such as vitamins? I didnt know if you meant to use those vitamins such as magnesium/zinc etc in place of body building supplements.

Old 05-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User

ZMA is also a prohormone but doesn't raise testosterone levels like andro or noran do. Nitric Oxide is becoming more and more popular because many bodybuilders believe that taking in more NO2 will increase blood flow to specific parts of the body. Thus, creating more growth. L-arginine is the main ingriedient in NO2 supplements and is "semi-essential" amino acid for all bodybuilders. Your body doesn't make this amino acid so you must eat certain foods that contain L-arginine. I also agree that taking NO2 won't do anything but put a hole in your bf's wallet. I mean all the guy needs to do is go to a drug store or GNC and pick up a bottle of L-arginine for about 1/4 of the price of any NO2 supplement.

Paracelsus makes a good list of essential supplements that ALL bodybuilers take but he is leaving out a very important amino acid, L-glutamine.

Multi-vitamin/mineral
Whey protein - shake and/or bars
Creatine Monohydrate - Micropure
L-Glutamine Powder or capsules

An omega-3 essential fatty acid supplement can be beneficial for those who do not eat fish. But if you do eat fish, then why waste.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Dr_DoOoOoM; 05-29-2004 at 08:09 PM.

Old 05-29-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

I told my boyfriend about those things, and tonight he showed me this big zit on his elbow...GROSE, I told him to just stop them, and his last dose is tomorrow..hopefully he'll stop, but he wants to go back on t-bomb.

I told him he only needs to go buy the l-arginine and the l-glutamine, powder or capsules, and that l-arginine is the main thing in No2 and he said it wouldnt be the same beause there are many other ingredients in NO2....I told him those probably don't do anything but make it look more scientific...what do u think?

Old 05-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User

When it come down to it, nitric oxide is very complex. It's actually the conversion of L-arginine into another amino acid called L-cituline. The amino acid compounds, arginine alpha-ketoglutarate and arginine-ketoisocaproate are what's found in NO2 and are said to raise nitric oxide levels but only in short term. The only the thing about NO2 I find interesting is the fact that it can act as an anti-inflammation accessory. But like I said this is a fairly new product and no one really knows it's potential. Oh, the only other ingredients in NO2 supplements are usually gelatin, magnesium stearate, calcium phosphate and esters. These help with "proper" digestion and absorption.

Last edited by Dr_DoOoOoM; 05-30-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Closed Thread