HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Vitamins & Supplements (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Vitamins to Raise Immunity (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/vitamins-supplements/180631-vitamins-raise-immunity.html)

Katttob 06-08-2004 09:05 AM

Vitamins to Raise Immunity

Hi :wave:
I am in need for a vitamin that will help me to raise my immune system. I was recently diagnosed with HPV and need to raise my immune system so that my body and can suppress the virus. I have started taking a Womens daily supplement vitamin from GNC, will this help or should I use something else??
What kinds of vitamins should I be looking to take?
Thanks, any advice is appreciated!!

DiannaM72 06-11-2004 08:44 AM

Re: Vitamins to Raise Immunity

Some recs. that have worked for myself and others:

Wholly Immune from Allergy Research Group (you can get this from some Vitamin Shoppe -- it's expensive but it works).

Source Naturals Wellness Formula

Planetary Formulas Yin Chiao and Echinacea Complex. Yin Chaio is truly magical stuff. It has helped me quickly recover from colds and respitory infection many times.

You may also want to try CoQ10, and alpha lipoic acid, which help boost the immune system.

DoOoOoM 06-12-2004 08:21 PM

Vitamin C is probably the most well known immune system booster. Wild indigo root, echinacea, pallida root and thuja leaf are herbal remedies for the immune system. Studies also show that whey protein and l-glutamine also help to improve the immune system.

ps630 06-13-2004 07:41 AM

take vitamin C. Try 1000 mg per day minimum

soujrnr 06-24-2004 09:10 AM

Try getting yourself some 100mg pills of Pycnogenol. There is ample medical evidence about it's benefits and efficacy in combating a number of things and could very well help you as well. Do a Google search on it and read some of the medical reports for yourself if you have questions. It's great stuff! And no, I'm not a dealer of it nor do I have any financial interests in the product. :)

Good day!

orion 06-24-2004 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=Katttob]Hi :wave:
I am in need for a vitamin that will help me to raise my immune system. [/QUOTE]

Vitamin D has been shown to have anti-viral and anti-microbial properties and acts to regulate you immune system. You should start increasing your levels by starting at 400 IU and increasing over several months to 4000 IU. 4000 IU is often quoted as being toxic but new research shows that isn't true. Just one day in the sun produces 10,000 IU in your body.

ILikeRats 06-26-2004 10:33 PM

Lulise, chinacea and goldenseal shouldn't be taken every day, but you can take them for a few weeks, stop for a week, then start taking them again. The best ways to boost your immune system are to cut out refined sugars and white flours, eat more veggies (organic raw or lightly steamed is best) and raw organic fruits, drink plenty of water, get regular sleep. Spending time in the sun all of a sudden, if you're not used to it, can stress your immune system. Build up any time in the sun slowly. Look for immune formulas at the health food store that have many ingredients. (The Wellness Formula someone mentioned is great, but not cheap.)