It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Gnc Women's Ultra Mega Vitamins!!!

hi,
i was wondering if anybody could supply me with some feedback on womens ultra mega vitamins. and, they seem to contain an over abundance of vitamins for example 333% of vitamin e. i eat about 2 servings of fruit and 2 of veggies a day (sometimes more) and eat pretty healthy. should i worry about toxicity of taking too many vitamins? and did anyone have any success taking these vitamins? please let me know, thanks btw, i read that natural vitamin aren't known for toxicity because of elimination. thanks!
jessicca

Last edited by Jess75; 06-20-2004 at 11:29 AM. Reason: change title

Old 06-21-2004, 11:13 AM   #2

johnx HB User
Re: womens ultra mega vitamins

I dont' know if they still have it available, but Prevention mag had a chart of rda and max intake of many vitamins. You'd be surprised how high the top doseages. Remember that the USRDA is a minimum, just to keep alive, allowance. If you have a lot of stress in your life, the 'mega-doseages' of B-vitamins can help. My wife will vouch for that one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

thank you! i was just quite concerned because i eat a healthy diet and i used to be recluctant to taking a vitamin. i thought that the percentage of 333% may have been too much considiering my diet. however, i do exercise alot so i'm not worried so much anymore. i wish others will tell me if they were okay while taking these vitamins. i'm suprised that there aren't very many people responding like saying "ya i take it and i feel fine" or just a little comment. i guess not very many people take them. oh well, thanks for responding!!

Old 11-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
(female)

Faithfully80 HB User

I just started taking these so far so good. I will keep you posted.

Old 11-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
(female)

threethings HB User

i've been known for taking mega doses of vitamins from time to time. i have a lot of stress and anxiety by nature so i take extra B, calcium, etc. so far i haven't had any issues. fat soluable vitamins are the ones you have to be careful of i think (vitamin d, etc)....the B's are fine....E and C are also fine...you can take a pretty high dose of those. i'm sure if you did a google search you could find a little bit of info on what is considered an overdose when eating healthy.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User
Re: Gnc Women's Ultra Mega Vitamins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
hi,
i was wondering if anybody could supply me with some feedback on womens ultra mega vitamins. and, they seem to contain an over abundance of vitamins for example 333% of vitamin e. i eat about 2 servings of fruit and 2 of veggies a day (sometimes more) and eat pretty healthy. should i worry about toxicity of taking too many vitamins? and did anyone have any success taking these vitamins? please let me know, thanks btw, i read that natural vitamin aren't known for toxicity because of elimination. thanks!
jessicca
That percentage is fine.(333%)Yitamin-E is very hard to consume naturally by diet. (Avacados,Wheatgerm etc..) Later!

Closed Thread