It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 10:29 PM  
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User
B-complex cause weight gain??

My mom was taking B-complex.. and a relative was takin it, and she was told by a doctor that B-complex can cause weight gain. Cuz both gained weight, and it mkes them feel hungry.

Is this true??

Ive been trying to find information..

thanks.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:48 PM  

ILikeRats HB User
Re: B-complex cause weight gain??

I have never EVER heard that a B-Complex could cause weight gain. For what reason were they taking it? Maybe whatever led them to take it(stress??) is the cause of the weight gain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 10:34 AM  
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

they were taking it cuz they had no energy and were alyz feeling tired. The doctor said it cause weight gain... hmmm, i dont know. I think i should ask other doctors?

Old 07-24-2004, 10:20 AM  
Veteran

monarchangel HB User

I take a b100 complex everyday and I have never heard that it causes weight gain. It is a water soluble vitamin and I don't think it is possible to cause weight gain. I could be wrong

Old 07-24-2004, 01:19 PM  
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

Vitamin B-Complex will improve the appetite in some one who is not hungry due to malnutrition. In people who have a lifestyle of overeating, it will cause them to feel hungry and if they already have a pattern of eating to feel full, they will continue to to do so. This will cause weight gain.
If a person eats only to stop hunger, it will not cause unneccessary weight gain. In most cases people who gain weight have a variety of reasons for doing so. Their eating patterns were established at a higher calorie load and their metabolism or activity level changed and they did not adjust for the change, or eating is a process that fullfils more than hunger needs, or their body is not able to utilize the nutrients they take in for good health but store the calories(diabetes) as fat. This puts the body in a perpetual state of hunger, the person feels hungry and the nutrition can not be utilized. This is the most often cause of people over eating when they have type II diabetes. A person can be 100 pounds or more overweight and still have malnutrition at the cellular level so that the eyes, earing, and ability of the body to make healthy new cells disappear. There are a lot of pallbearers with bad backs from carrying coffins of overweight dead people.