It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

Red Line (Energy Drink)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
(female)

Steph@nie HB User
Arrow Red Line (Energy Drink)

Red Line...Anyone heard of this??? I heard about it, then saw it at a health food store...the weird thing about this is that it has no, I mean NO, ingredients listed. No calories in it! The lady at the store said that it makes people sick and really shakey. It claims to help in weight loss but in fine print says stuff like "no one over 18 should drink, no one over 15 pounds over weight should take etc." I don't believe in things like that helping, I just thought it was very weird that there were no ingredients listed. Anyone tried it or know about it!?!?!

Just curious!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #2
Concerned Male
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Re: Red Line (Energy Drink)

It said that nobody over 18 years of age should drink it?

Old 05-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
lynn1958
(female)

lynn1958 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Red Line (Energy Drink)

RedLine Energy Drink:

Yes, I tried it today. 10 1/2 hours ago to be exact.

I dont recommend it to anyone. Seriously, I am not a light weight when it comes to things that amp you. But this one, no, no, no! It made me immediately ill, shaky, chest pain beyond belief, I thought I was going to die. (sweating and chills, through up 3 times). Outrageous, I wonder how they were able to actually sell it to anybody.

And, 10.5 hrs later???? Still sick and heart pounding out of control.

Note: I am in good health, 5'4", female, 130 lbs.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
flowergirl2day
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

How scary!

Why did you buy it? I would not consider trying anything like that! (Especially after hearing how sick others became after taking it.)
As you mentioned, even the labelling seemed suspicious, non-descriptive, perhaps intentionally? And the warning? "No one under 18 should drink it" - it's nonsense! Who knows what toxic substances it contained. It sure had a very adverse effect on you and your heart rhythm. You are lucky your body could not tolerate it. Imagine what this stuff could do when taken over a period of time.

It is very frustrating for us, the consumers, not to have these "health enhancing" products with their outrageous claims regulated by the government for our protection. Half of them should not be on the shelves. My advice, before trying any product such as the one in question, is to check with a health care professional first. I have done this on many occassions. The professionals seem to prefer (naturally!) the more conventional methods/treatments. They will, however, give good advice on supplements and minerals.

Flowergirl

Last edited by flowergirl2day; 05-05-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Xant
Inactive
(female)

Xant HB User

This is what is in it, doesn't look too healthy:

Active ingredients: Caffeine, Evoburn (pure Evodiamine), N-acetyle-L-tryptophan, Yerba Mate, Green Tea, 5-htp, Vinpocetine, Yohimbine HCL, Carmine Red, Liquid Red

Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
flowergirl2day
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

thanks,

I've no idea what any of them are, except the green tea and caffeine.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
FromSqueaky
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Evodiamine works as a diuretic. It's a Chinesse herb named Wu-Chu-Yu that Chinese herbalist have used for centuries as a weight loss supplement.

Yerba Mate is in a ton of drinks and diet pills. It is slightly less potent than coffee and much gentler on the stomach but it's suppose to energize your body stimulate mental alertness, help with weight loss, cleanse the colon, a diuretic, suppose to help you heal, relieve stree, calm allergies and help your immune system.

5-htp is a naturally-occurring amino acid, it helps the neurotransmitter in the brain make serotonin and an intermediate in tryptophan metabolism. It is marketed in the United States and other countries as a dietary supplement for use as an antidepressant, appetite suppressant, and sleep aid. It;s been around for years.

Vinpocetine AKA brand names, Cavinton, Intelectol; chemical name: ethyl apovincaminate is extracted from the periwinkle plant. It increases cerebral blood flow and is said to improve memory.

Yohimbe has been around since I can remember. In the United States it's used to treat male erectile dysfunction. At one time is was taken to reduce blood pressure. Low doses of yohimbine,less than about 20 mg per day may result in mild nervous stimulation and increased breathing capability, it has been used at times as a weight-reducing agent, an exercise-enhancer, and a treatment for narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is a disorder that causes sleepiness and uncontrollable attacks of sleeping during the daytime. Yohimbine may cause central nervous system stimulation, which could improve all three conditions.

Not sure what N-acetyle-L-tryptophan is. The carmine red and liquid red are for color.

Old 05-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
flowergirl2day
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sounds like a lot of the ingredients might be great on their own merit, but not so great combined with the others. Perhaps the resulting mixture of herbs and other ingredients it too potent for the average person to handle well. For instance, diuretic teas are pretty strong used alone.

Closed Thread