It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Vitamin/Supplement for Light Sensitivity (eye)

I know this might sound strange, but I have always had very good vision, but my eyes are very sensitive to light. For instance, if I am around blinking lights and look away from them, I find it hard to see. Or if I am in a dark room watching television I will have eye strain, or if the light is not even in a room, I will have eye strain as well.

Also I have gotten ocular migraines. In fact, if I get up in the morning (in a dark room) and make the mistake of looking out the window, I will almost be guaranteed to have a severe headache later on in the day.

This may be heredity because I know when my father was out in the sun for the entire day, he would almost always have a headache later on that night.

I have tried bilberry before, but not with a whole lot of improvement. (Perhaps it was the brand.) Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Again, it is not my vision I have problem with, but rather the light sensitivity.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by fm5; 05-26-2005 at 12:59 PM.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: Vitamin/Supplement for Light Sensitivity (eye)

Do you have light colored eyes (blue or green)? Most people with lighter pigmented eyes are more sensitive to the light. I get migraine aura from bright lights. I wear sunglasses even when it's raining. I haven't heard of anything to help with the sensitivity, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User

take the supplement called NAC it does wonders for your eyes. i had an eye problem with watering and conjuctivites a lot, the NAC got rid of it all.

good luck

Old 06-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
Veteran

fm5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLASRULES
Do you have light colored eyes (blue or green)? Most people with lighter pigmented eyes are more sensitive to the light. I get migraine aura from bright lights. I wear sunglasses even when it's raining. I haven't heard of anything to help with the sensitivity, though.
Yes, and so does my father. But not all those with light colored eyes have sensitivity to light.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #5
Veteran

fm5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbrocky
take the supplement called NAC it does wonders for your eyes. i had an eye problem with watering and conjuctivites a lot, the NAC got rid of it all.

good luck

I will look it up.

But watering and conjuctivitis aren't usually "light-sensitivity related". I would think these were do more to other sensitivities or, in the case of conjuncitivitis - an infection.

Closed Thread