It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
(male)

JCW247 HB User
Oral Chelation Therapy

Does Oral Chelation capsules or Chelation Liquid really work
for everything from dramatically reducing blockages in the
heart & brain, high cholesterol, homocysteine, blood pressure
levels reduced to normal levels, enlarged prostates shrink,
male impotence reversed, sexual sensations intensifies in
both men & women, and many other claims I've read about
this product. The company that is marketing this ENHANCED
ORAL CHELATION also claims that it works so well that
mineral supplement are also suggested to take with the
Chelation Capsules or Chelation Liquid. Is the quality of
this product the same with all companies selling this product
or is this just alot of hype that it is ENHANCED.

Anybody online here using this product especially the
ENHANCED CHELATION.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Oral Chelation Therapy

JCW247,

If these products worked to solve "everything from dramatically reducing blockages in the heart & brain, high cholesterol, homocysteine, blood pressure levels reduced to normal levels, enlarged prostates shrink, male impotence reversed, sexual sensations intensifies in both men & women, and many other claims", doctors would be prescribing them.

From our very own HealthBoards *****, I put the word "chelation" into their search engine, and these are the first two articles that came up:

################
***** Search Results
Boy Dies After Controversial Treatment for Autism
([url]http://healthboards.*****.com/content/article/110/109785.htm[/url])
A 5-year-old boy with autism died after getting a controversial treatment called chelation therapy.

Chelation Latest Therapy Proven Ineffective for Heart Disease
([url]http://healthboards.*****.com/content/article/31/1728_75311.htm[/url])
Treating the chest pain caused by heart disease with chelation therapy -- a popular alternative medicine therapy that claims to remove supposedly harmful metals from the blood -- is no better than treating it with sugar pills.
################

Yes, the hype for these products is enhanced, as well as the pocketbooks of the people who take our money for such scams.

Good for you for asking around for other opinions, instead of just from the folks who want (lots of) your money.

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
(male)

JCW247 HB User

Thanks for your feedback Rheanna. Honestly I don't know
who to believe. All I know is Doctor's are sometimes
motivated by these Billion Dollar Drug Companies to
push there drugs with side effects.

Look forward to more feedback.

Jim

Old 12-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW247
Does Oral Chelation capsules or Chelation Liquid really work
for everything from dramatically reducing blockages in the
heart & brain, high cholesterol, homocysteine, blood pressure
levels reduced to normal levels, enlarged prostates shrink,
male impotence reversed, sexual sensations intensifies in
both men & women, and many other claims I've read about
this product. The company that is marketing this ENHANCED
ORAL CHELATION also claims that it works so well that
mineral supplement are also suggested to take with the
Chelation Capsules or Chelation Liquid. Is the quality of
this product the same with all companies selling this product
or is this just alot of hype that it is ENHANCED.

Anybody online here using this product especially the
ENHANCED CHELATION.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
I doubt Oral Chelation does all those things as i have never seen any double blind studies showing one way or another however i'll tell you what i know about it .Its EDTA which if working correctly should bind with the Calcium deposits in the arteries but will do nothing for the fatty Plaque. Lecithin is an Emulsifier which is supposed to slowly remove the fatty Plaque.I've even read about'' Distilled water fasting '' to remove Calcium deposits. So most people (over 30) do have both scar tissue in Arteries (Calcium and Fatty Plaque) later!!

Old 12-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW247
Thanks for your feedback Rheanna. Honestly I don't know who to believe. All I know is Doctor's are sometimes motivated by these Billion Dollar Drug Companies to push there drugs with side effects.
Look forward to more feedback.
Jim
Jim,

I will grant you that the drug companies are trying to make a profit by getting as many people as possible to take their products. But ALL companies are trying to make a profit. My concern is that people lose sight of the FACT that the folks who push " alternative products" such as chelation therapy are trying to get us to ignore the fact that they are selling a product/service that is VERY expensive and their purpose is also to get rich by selling us something.

I see a few main reasons why doctors are pushing the drugs of Big Pharma.
One, their training is to look for a specific disease/imbalance and prescribe something for it. Two, they no longer have time in the office visit to sit down and chat with us and find out that we are feeling lousy because we don't get any exercise and we eat too many McDonald's products. Three, patients themselves push the doctor to "give them something" instead of looking to their own lifestyles as potentially changeable. Four, because we refuse to take responsibility for our own lifestyles, we wind up getting diagnosed when our problems are far advanced.

Fifth, medicines from Big Pharma are required by law to show side effects on their labels. Naturally, this scares us, and we look desperately for something gentler but just as strong (notice a contradiction here?) to cure us. People who push "alternative therapies" are not required to publish side effects for their products/services, because they ARE required by law to NOT declare that their products/services can actually heal anything. So they use careful wording to say that "many people have been helped" (this is called personal endorsement and testimonials and anecdotes) and so on. If they come right out and actually word their advertising to say "this product heals the following diseases/conditions" then they are practicing medicine without a license and will get their hands slapped and get attacked by the courts. I encourage you to read the wording of these advertisements carefully. By attacking the motives of Big Pharma and regular medical doctors, these advertisers are playing into our perfectly natural fears that the medical cures are worse than the disease. Sometimes that is the case -- cancer patients go through hell when they take chemo and radiation. But doctors and BigPharma are relying on lots of tests to make sure that there is SOME positive outcome and reason to use this harsh therapy -- that is, there are more patients who survive WITH the treatment than would survive without it.

The problem with alternative therapies is that there are no checks and balances -- if a medical treatment shows unfortunate side effects (uh, death is pretty unfortunate!), then they are forced to change their treatment or withdraw it from the market. If alternative therapists cause unfortunate side effects, then they simply don't report it in their advertising. And they say, well, it wasn't MY therapy that was the problem, it was ... Big Pharma! And more people are encouraged to avoid tried and true therapies because of the fear that these alternative therapists create.

Sometimes these more gentle therapies do turn out to have some real benefit. Then they are incorporated into regular medical practice. But the real problem here is that people with MAJOR problems are avoiding therapies that have a good chance of working, and going after pie-in-the-sky promises from people who have no reason to include their failures in with their lists of testimonials from people who would rather give their money (bunches and bunches of money!) to kindly alternative therapists than to those mean, bad old doctors and Big Pharma.

Enough rant for the moment.

--Rheanna

Old 12-27-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
(male)

JCW247 HB User

Thanks for the feedback Rheanna. Very well said
to inform and educate us all.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

ORAL CHELATION is fantasy designed to separate the public from it's money. THere is NO effective oral chelator.

Intravenous chelation with EDTA (ethylene diamine tetracetic acid) has shown promise and has been the recommended way to deal with heavy metal poisoning for decades.
THe claims of the benefits of arterial cleansing for heart disease have not proven as effective as the earlier glowing hopes...but it's been done for years. My guesstimate is that it is probably useless since it depends on calcium removal from plaque to be curative...but I still remain intrigueed by it.

It's kind of pricey and isn't covered by insurance (unless there is proven heavy metal poisoning.)

Last edited by Lenin; 12-29-2005 at 07:18 AM.

Closed Thread