It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
(male)

anonimo HB User
Are these supplements giving me weird dreams?

I recently began taking an "AM/PM" multi-vitamin/mineral. (Its 2 different formulas, 1 for breakfast -- mainly vitamins -- and 1 for supper -- mostly minerals, with some herbs.) Since taking this I have slept better, but the biggest difference is that I dream A LOT more! (Or, perhaps I'm simlpy remembering them more?) I probably dream about 5X what I did before and they're more vivid. They're not disturbing, or anything. (Actually some of them are kind of fun in a weird sort of way!) Could any of the minerals or herbs have something to do with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

littlegirl53 HB User
Re: Are these supplements giving me weird dreams?

Does the supplement have Melatonin in it? Melatonin give me bad dreams.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimo
I recently began taking an "AM/PM" multi-vitamin/mineral. (Its 2 different formulas, 1 for breakfast -- mainly vitamins -- and 1 for supper -- mostly minerals, with some herbs.) Since taking this I have slept better, but the biggest difference is that I dream A LOT more! (Or, perhaps I'm simlpy remembering them more?) I probably dream about 5X what I did before and they're more vivid. They're not disturbing, or anything. (Actually some of them are kind of fun in a weird sort of way!) Could any of the minerals or herbs have something to do with this?
Does your supplement have vitamin B-6 in it? I suspect it probably does. If so, this may be the reason why you are having more vivid dreams, especially if you take it in the evening. In fact, if you take too much vitamin B-6, you can actually be awakened with a vivid dream every two hours during the night. But otherwise, normal dream recall depends on an adequate amount of B-6 in the brain.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Question Re: Are these supplements giving me weird dreams?

Can you list the herbs in your tablest?

Old 03-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
(male)

anonimo HB User

The morning ones had the B vitamins but not the evening. I don't know exactly which herbs it had, but it didn't have melatonia.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Yeah, some vitamins, like the B vitamins or Niacin can do it, but there's a long list of herbs that can do it too. Too many to list.

Here's just a few of the more common ones:
Kava Kava Root
Valerian
Licorice Root
Skullcap
Catnip
Ginkgo Biloba

Too bad you don't have the bottle. I'd really like to know what was in it. Do you remember the brand name?

Old 03-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
(male)

anonimo HB User

It was "nature's secret ultimate multi plus"

Old 03-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Thanks Anonimo. I just looked it up and sure enough, it lists chamomile, passion flower, skullcap, valerian, and hops. Every one of those herbs are used for better sleep and can produce more vivid dreams.

Hmm, I may just have to get myself a bottle.

Last edited by cookiepls; 03-07-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #9
(male)

suggus HB User

B vitains can cause unusual dreaming. My doctor who put me on high doses of B said B1 can cause this.
If you have a noticable reaction to vitamins I would suspect you were very difficent in them.
Try B125, that's 125mg of each one. *************** sells this in 'time release' over 8 hours. Not sure where the Bs are absorbed but this extended release sounds good.

Closed Thread