It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

VanB HB User
Vitamin B and neon urine!

I just started taking a Vitamin B 100 complex and my urine is bright yellow/green. Is that normal? Does it mean that I'm not absorbing it properly?

Old 03-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
(male)

cappy7 HB User
Re: Vitamin B and neon urine!

Yes, this is normal. I started taking a B-complex vitamin a few weeks back and the same thing happened to me. Perfectly normal, no worries.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
(female)

snogal HB User

Same thing happened to me. I started taking it a few weeks ago, and ever since, I've had bright yellow urine for several hours after I take it. I take it in the morning, and usually by afternoon, the bright yellow color is gone. I thought maybe I wasn't absorbing it properly because I bought a less expensive brand. The pill I take is a yellowish-orange color.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User

That's interesting. I had thought that this brighter urine signaled that you were taking too much of a vitamin and this was your body's attempt to flush it out through the kidneys. Whenever anything like this has happened to me in the past, I have usually lowered the amount that I was taking.

For which vitamins is it normal to have a brighter urine color? For which ones is it an indicator that you are giving your body too much?

~Colleen

Old 03-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

It's normal. It's one of the B vitamins - 3 - I think, that makes it that colour. As far as I know and I'm not a doctor - it doesn't mean you've taken too much.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

It's excessive Vitamin B-2 (riboflavin) that turns the urine that psychedelic yellow-orange. Your body excretes what it doesn't use.

It's a sign that your body is taking in fart more than it needs. Save some coin and split your pills in half and take a B-50 instead. It is mega times the amount you actually need. Bet you STILL get the neon urine...only less dazzling!

There's the wonderful old joke about vitamins:
"Thanks to mega-vitamin supplementation, Americans have the healthiest urine on the planet!"

Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
(female)

VanB HB User

I'm pretty sure that I was taking too much. I started to experience numbness in my arms and legs on Sunday night and the B complex is the only thing I can think that could have caused it.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Your right, it's too much B vitamins. I was taking a mega vitamin, with 80 mg B vitamins, timed release. One night late, i got the rapid heart rate, and nausea, and used the bathroom, and my urine was bright dark yellow. I had taken that b earlier that day, I knew right there and then, the b vitamins were causing me problems, and i stopped nxt day, and felt better. I was also taking fish oil, but I knew more than likely it was the b vitamins. Excessive doses of b vitamins or other vitamins, and or supplements, can and do cause problems for some people .

Last edited by cvoor; 05-01-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

It's normal to have fluorescent yellow urine while taking vitamin B. B vitamins are water soluble. The vitamin molecules themselves are yellow and bodies just flush out extra dosages of them so what your body does not use it gets washed out. No harm is being done to your body

Closed Thread