It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
(male)

Patrician HB User
Spike

Anyone ever heard of a Biotest supplement called Spike?

They make a lot of claims about all the benefits, however the fact that they keep the formula hidden and claim that there's no side effects makes me dubious of whether their claims are true.

Does it really keep up with all of its promises? Or is that just a placebo effect?

Also, I read that most stimulants have a negative effect on sleep and can sometimes induce insomnia.
Would I be able to fall asleep if I had a tablet of Spike a short time before bedtime?

Here's what the supplier says about Spike.
[removed]

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-18-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Please paraphrase in your own words what you read somewhere else. For copyright reasons, do not copy material directly from another website.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Spike

Patrician,

You don't know what is in this product. The manufacturer is keeping the list of ingredients a secret. You want to give them your money (if you haven't already). You want to know if it will have positive effects AND if it will have side effects (stimulant lack of sleep effects). Since the list of ingredients is secret, the only way to find out is to take it. Since the ingredient list is secret, no one here can give you any accurate information about the workings of what's in this product. Of course the manufacturers are going to say that it does wonderful things to your body without side effects. Advertisers of herbal and medicinal products always say that. But keep in mind that if it really DOES have an effect on your body (and isn't just a sugar pill with placebo effects) then it's a drug. If you buy this product, the manufacturer is winning big time. He's got your money without telling you what you're getting in return. I advise you not to believe what you read in advertising. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
(male)

Patrician HB User

Thank you for your reply, rheanna.

I see logic and your reasoning and after reading your post I agree that it would indeed be silly do buy something like this.

One would think that by now I would learn not to trust all these "miracle drugs" that flood the market.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Patrician,

We're all looking for miracles. It's how the human brain is wired. I've lined the pockets of a few "miracle workers" myself. Which is why I now apply logic and research to all the claims (from mainstream as well as alternative medicine) that I run across. You're attempting to do the research by posting here because the manufacturer gives no useful information of his own. This is good. I'm inserting a bit of logic here, and together we can advance our knowledge and invest our money where there (hopefully) will be a greater chance of something helping us.

--Rheanna

Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
(male)

acexnx316 HB User

I've actually had the RTD (Ready to drink) version of this supplement and let me tell you... they say to start with half a bottle (Only 8oz to begin with) to asses your tolerance. I assume the pill is the same way and with that in mind, it has been released that one 8oz serving of the RTD or 1 serving of the pill form supplement does contain 300mg of caffeine. So if you are sensitive to stimulants like caffeine, buyer beware!

This supplement (Namely the RTD version) has already been banned from many high schools from kids trying the drink to get a "buzz" and end up abusing it and getting heart palpitations, elevated blood pressure, black-outs and all that fun stuff.

To tell you the truth though, I am really seasoned in the stimulant department and really enjoyed the Spike Shooter RTD supp. Not recommended by any eans for beginners though!

Mike.

Closed Thread