It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
(male)

dingerbinger HB User
Thumbs up How can I stop my body odor?!? It's ruining my life as a teenager!

I use certain dri, and don't sweat much, yet I still smell. I know I smell because of innocent comments such as "what smells in here" etc. I wouldn't go into details, but it DEFINETLY isn't me making something of nothing (I smell). I have tried all the body washes and soaps (some anti-bacterial ones as well), and of course shampoo and brush my teeth and shower. Yet even after all of this I still smell, even after just showering and not sweating!

I've been recommended these products (and if you have more suggestions please give them):
magnesium
zinc
acidophilus
chlorophyll

Here are my questions:
Do those products work?
Is chlorophyll the same as vitamin K?
I couldn't find chlorophyll or V. K. at Rite-Aid, so where can I buy it?
Can I overdose? How much should I take?
Any more info. I should know what taking those products?

THANKS! If I stop smelling I can actually start making the most of my life. you guys are lifesavers!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
(female)

Texanne HB User
Re: How can I stop my body odor?!? It's ruining my life as a teenager!

Hi. I understand your problem; I am a high school teacher, and I have two students who have this same problem. One of them is so bad that the next class after his comes in complaining of the odor. My son has a friend who smells so bad my house smells for DAYS after he leaves. He has indoor cats and dogs...

Really, do you have any indoor pets? Cats and dogs spray backpacks, athletic bags, shoes, jackets, etc... It is actually quite common, and I even had to put my jealous Sheltie dog outside because he was "marking" my kids' backpacks and jackets when they left them on the floor. Do your family members smoke in the house? Your clothes can smell like smoke even AFTER they have been washed and dried. I let a friend of mine come use my washer and dryer one time and she had to leave due to an emergency. Her family's clothes were still in the dryer and they reaked of smoke! She and her husband both smoke in the house and I guess they didn't even realize it. My aunt is a principal at an elementary school, and she and the counselor keep clean clothes for a student whose clothes smell of cat urine. Small pets like guinea pigs, etc...can cause an odor that you may not be able to smell anymore either.

Pay attention to the insides of your shoes as well; spray the insides with Febreze and leave them open enough that they can air out at night. Be careful where you leave your things. It may not be YOU, rather your clothes, shoes, etc...that are causing the smell. If you carry a messenger bag, back pack, etc... pay attention to the smell. I just don't believe that a human can smell that bad, that fast, to other humans. Get a trusted friend or family member who lives OUTSIDE of your household to check your things, your room, etc... see if that helps, before you start taking too many supplements, etc...

PS - chlorophyll is NOT the same as Vit K. Chlorophyl is the stuff that causes plants to be green, and might help your breath, I don't know why Vit K would help anyone's odor.
Good luck.

Last edited by Texanne; 04-29-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

I used to have a little bit of an armpit odor problem. Zinc fixed that. I tried chlorophyll first and that didn't really help me with odor. It did help with my digestive system though. Definitely try the zinc and chlorophyll. Alfalfa is another thing to try. Its similar to chlorophyll. It took about a week and a half to realize the zinc was working. Another thing to try is getting off of regular dairy and trying organic. I've heard of peoples odor problems getting better after eating organic dairy.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #4
(male)

chessknt87 HB User

Acidophilus is yogurt bacteria that is usually taken to recolonize your intestines (for travelers going to other countries especially). I imagine this would help with gas, but if you aren't having a problem with your rectal area I'd say forgo this one.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: the fact I can't stop SMELLING is ruining my LIFE.

I would just ask if you are sure that you have an offensive odor? Are other people telling you this?

Mountain Rose Herbs sells a great chlorophyll powder that you just mix in a little water. Excellent quality and tastes great!

All the best

Closed Thread