It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
(male)

ClassicGamer HB User
Advice on Beta Glucans

I hope i'm allowed to ask this but does anyone have any suggestion as to which brand of Beta Glucans to use? (has anyone found one particular brand more effective than others?). After hours of searching I can't find any information on which brand(s) provides high quality, effective Beta Glucans?

Thanks.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Arrow Re: Advice on Beta Glucans

I take NSC-24 immunition beta glucan. There is also the NSC-100 which is a higher dosage. This stuff is supposed to be like the best. I can say that is works for me. I've been taking it for 11 days and my sinuses are much clearer. This stuff is "supposed" to like cure your allergies after about a month. We'll see. I bought this because I was able to try a free sample of the NSC-100. I can say the NSC-100 worked a lot better but its wayyyy more expensive. Its made by the Nutritional Supply Corp.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
(male)

ClassicGamer HB User
Re: Advice on Beta Glucans

Thanks for responding Alagaesia.
[removed]
I've seen relatively reputable brands such as Natrol, NOW, and Source Naturals selling Beta Glucans for under $15 a bottle - have you tried any of their brands?
I'm curious how they compare in quality.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-08-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

Old 05-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

[removed] I haven't tried the other brands although I'm tempted too. I was gonna try one by Solaray cause it has 3 MG just like the NSC-24, while all the other brands said like 500 MG. The NSC-24 has beta 1/3 and 1/6 but I found only one other brand with both. The other brands only have beta 1/3. I think Source naturals was the brand with both 1/3 and 1/6 but it was pretty much the same price. If after 60 days I still need allergy medication then I won't continue to buy it. I'll try a cheaper brand. It has definitely helped my sinuses but if I still have to take meds then it won't be worth the expense. However if it does completely work then I will definitely continue to buy it. My allergies don't really bother me but I have acid reflux that drives me crazy! Boy if I could find something that totally eliminated GERD I would pay any amount of money for it.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-08-2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

Old 05-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
(male)

ClassicGamer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alagaesia View Post
[removed] I haven't tried the other brands although I'm tempted too. I was gonna try one by Solaray cause it has 3 MG just like the NSC-24, while all the other brands said like 500 MG. The NSC-24 has beta 1/3 and 1/6 but I found only one other brand with both. The other brands only have beta 1/3. I think Source naturals was the brand with both 1/3 and 1/6 but it was pretty much the same price. If after 60 days I still need allergy medication then I won't continue to buy it. I'll try a cheaper brand. It has definitely helped my sinuses but if I still have to take meds then it won't be worth the expense. However if it does completely work then I will definitely continue to buy it. My allergies don't really bother me but I have acid reflux that drives me crazy! Boy if I could find something that totally eliminated GERD I would pay any amount of money for it.
Thanks for the update.
I bought Natrol yesterday for $10 (30 count) at a local health food store and will start it tomorrow - it has beta 1,3 and 1,6 and want to see how it affects my chronic sinusitis and mild asthma. The more research I did the more confused I am (ie. some cite that low amounts of beta glucan (3-10mg) are all that's required and others say you need to take 1000's of mg's; not to mention opposing info on quality and particle size - growl!).

Closed Thread