It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
MSM & Glucosamine products , really expensive as daily use

Usually the combination bottles with MSM & Glucoasammine are really expensive. some are 44 dollars. Finally i found a few MSM / Glucosamine ones that were 9 dollars or 10 , they were cheap cause they were made by the store company itself. However, if i were to keep up with what The bottle says to take, i would be spending lots of money.

a little buttle says TAKE two pills , 3 times a day. and it's like 60 pills. that would be 6 pills a day. 6 * 10 equals = 60.

So only 10 days??? what a ripoff. that's why i never did it like the bottle says last time i bought GLucosamine/msm .

this is ridiculous for a bottle to last 10 days. they think we're rich or something. I'll take one on random days. that's what i did last time. and i still have the bottle with pills, ..only 5 now. So i need a new one, but, what do you say..

is it effective if i take 1 pill instead of 6?
i will take it that way because i'm poor not rich

Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: MSM & Glucosamine products , really expensive as daily use

You don't have to take that many. With my supplements I always take less than the recommended amount. Whenever I try a supplement I always start off by taking one pill for a few days to see if it works or not. The thing about glucosamine is that it takes a while to really start working, so its gonna be hard to tell if the amount you start taking is working or not. Would you be taking this for arthritis or something else? My grandmother takes turmeric and fish oil for her arthritis. When she tried turmeric she could tell within 2 days that it was working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User

I'm 27 with bad arthritis..or osteoarthritis.. well i dont' know which. my knee caps and knees hurt alot. from history of knee sprains and also weak and abnormal bones

Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Turmeric and other natural anti inflammatories may help you too.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I suggest you read the book -- The Athritis Cure-- written by a doctor(MD).

Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
(male)

Hardy09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokoBot View Post
Usually the combination bottles with MSM & Glucoasammine are really expensive. some are 44 dollars. Finally i found a few MSM / Glucosamine ones that were 9 dollars or 10 , they were cheap cause they were made by the store company itself. However, if i were to keep up with what The bottle says to take, i would be spending lots of money.

a little buttle says TAKE two pills , 3 times a day. and it's like 60 pills. that would be 6 pills a day. 6 * 10 equals = 60.

So only 10 days??? what a ripoff. that's why i never did it like the bottle says last time i bought GLucosamine/msm .

this is ridiculous for a bottle to last 10 days. they think we're rich or something. I'll take one on random days. that's what i did last time. and i still have the bottle with pills, ..only 5 now. So i need a new one, but, what do you say..

is it effective if i take 1 pill instead of 6?
i will take it that way because i'm poor not rich
You should take the dosage that was used in the study in England that showed that glucosamine works. It was 1500 mg a day. That was also the dosage used in the NIH study. This is the standard dosage of the main brands, like Osteo Bi-Flex, Flex-A-Min, Move Free, Natrol, Solgar, etc. That is usually three pills a day, or two a day, depending on the amount in each pill. I take them because knee surgery and hip surgery are even more expensive than taking glucosamine, and glucosamine is the only easily available substance known to slow or halt the progression of osteo-arthritis.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
(female)

pearlandmary HB User

[-removed-]

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-25-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

Closed Thread