It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
book - the missing ingredient for good healty by Lee Euler

has anyone read this? I saw it advertised and suppossedly this missing ingredient can cure whatever ails you, blah blah blah.
I don't want to buy the book to learn what this ingredient is and was hoping someone may have read the book and can fill me in?
Thanks!

Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: book - the missing ingredient for good healty by Lee Euler

rosequartz,

The missing ingredient is the money that is not yet in his pocket. I've looked at a description of the book, by the author, and my uh, "nonsense" radar pegged at the highest setting.

He says that this missing ingredient is the second most common pain reliever prescribed in Germany. I live in Germany. I can attest that the Germans are not cured of cancer or autism or spastic colon or migraines or clogged arteries just because this ingredient (whatever it is) is available here.

He says that this ingredient is abundant in raw foods. Most of us eat salads, and even munch on a carrot or two. So one would assume that most of us are actually getting this ingredient in our diets. I have seen no studies that say that people who eat an all-raw-food diet are free from cancer and digestive problems and autism and lupus and multiple schlerosis. And arthritis. Oh, and strokes. Because this missing ingredient eats placque.

Humans spread across the planet over bazillions of generations by being able to eat the local foods. Humans discovered fire and found that they could eat lots more foods that are inedible when they are raw. Humans now live all over the world eating a varied diet. Populations who get lots of exercise and eat less-processed foods and who live in harmony manage to fight off lots of diseases and live long healthy lives.

My guess is that somewhere in the book is a message that you can acquire this missing ingredient from a source that is going to put even more money back into Euler's pocket. He makes some veiled reference to being able to purchase this ingredient from health food stores. What do you want to bet that he will be a major share-holder in whatever company makes this special ingredient?

My summary: the missing ingredient is the eternal quest for the Holy Grail, the Fountain of Youth, the Magic Potient, the Cure-All Pill. We humans are suckers for such pitches. We want to believe.

Just so that no one accuses me of calling other people gullible, I'm writing this because I too have fallen for similar pitches -- lots of times. I've fallen for these pitches so often that I'm now well versed in the typical phrases that are used. I'm now well versed in the hope that is raised in my own mind when I read them. But I know from experience that the pitches have no substance behind them, and I can now recognise the illogic behind them. I too am human. But I've learned to look at the logic as well.

Perhaps someone here can fill us in on exactly what this magic ingredient is.

--Rheanna

Last edited by rheanna; 11-28-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: clarification

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Thanks! Yeah I've discovered that when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.....LOL But they are so darn GOOD at advertising!
I'm hoping too that someone has read the book and will fill us in. He says he doesn't sell the ingredient and has nothing to gain by telling us but that sounds questionable too.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
(male)

homerhh HB User
Exclamation Re: book - the missing ingredient for good healty by Lee Euler

I'm new here but saw the amazing ad for this book and had to find out more, and that led me here, so I registered mainly to answer your remark <it's enzymes>.

And one can buy enzymes at health food stores. I wouldn't totally discount it, and taking digestive enzymes would probably help many of us in processing and benefitting from what we do eat, but it does seem "a bit" overhyped, doesn't it, WOW!!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-29-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Do not copy material directly from another website.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Hey, homerhh,

Thanks for the tip! I'm sure it'll cure everything! And put some money in the author's pocket!

--Rheanna

Old 03-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
(female)

stacydh HB User
Cool Re: book - the missing ingredient for good healty by Lee Euler

I think it's folate - vitamin B9.

I always try to find out myself--it's a game.
Anyone find a better "ingredient"?

Update: Someone says it is Graviola.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-14-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 03-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #7
(male)

walkssimply HB User
Smile Re: book - the missing ingredient for good healty by Lee Euler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
has anyone read this? I saw it advertised and suppossedly this missing ingredient can cure whatever ails you, blah blah blah.
I don't want to buy the book to learn what this ingredient is and was hoping someone may have read the book and can fill me in?
Thanks!
Yes these HSI people do advertising.
What they are referring to is systemic enzymes, not necessarily digestive enzymes. and No it is not to good to be true. The research done in Germany and company and doctors both here and there did major research. Down the street from me here in AZ is Naturally Vitamins which imports the Wobenzym products under contract from Germany. You don't have to buy this book to get detailed info of the benefits. I have listened to free CD's and perused literature both in hand and online. Most of the sales of this product are actually done by Doctors because it works. This is not the place to at length discuss. Of course if you want to pretend that "too good to be true" means it is hyped, that is your prerogative. Many professional athletes use this product because of he wear and tear on their body; it doesn't mask pain, it helps the body clean up and repair. Great before dental surgery.

Jim

Old 03-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for your reply Jim! I will look into those products. Tell me more! Is it a daily supplement, or just periodically when needed? What do you take in particular and what benefits have you seen from it?

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-15-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread