It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 02:37 AM   #1
(female)

Lilliput23 HB User
Multi vitamins and Birth Control

I am currently on cilest ( Birth control pills) and due to having lots of hair loss and weakness overall, i started to take vitamins namely materna and stress tabs to help improve my hair, nails and skin conditions as well as my health a sa whole. my question is: Do these vitamins make the pill less effective?

Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Re: Multi vitamins and Birth Control

I take a Multi Vitamin every day and have done so since I started on birth control. I have yet to notice any effects because of taking the multi vitamin and I have been taking both for over a year now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sunshinee HB User
Re: Multi vitamins and Birth Control

You do need to be careful with what you are taking while on Birth Control because it can lower the effective rate. However, a multivitamin should be fine. You need your RDI's of Vitamin A, B, C, E, Iron, Zinc, etc. However, there are thing's in herbal supplements that can have a negative reaction. Anything that is a combination of things you have to be careful, and even though a multivitamin is a combo, it is pure, everyday things. Something that you would need to consult your doctor about are products on the market to help sooth PMS, Menopausetc. They will counteract with BC. The best thing you can do is try to incorporate natural sources of daily vitamins and minerals, ie. an orange, apple, spinach, etc. If you don't think you like fruits, veggies or grains then try eating them in different ways. For instance, make a sandwhich on whole grain bread with a few layers of spinach + the lettuce and tomatoe, you won't even notice it's there. Clemintine oranges are in season, and even the most pickiest of eaters love them! It's the natural sources of vitamins and minerals that will help you the quickest, and the most effective (even more so then a vitamin) because they are more easily recognized by the body, and there for they are absorbed better. Good luck.

Closed Thread